Kansas City  is a city in Kansas, in the United States of America and suburb of Kansas City, Missouri
Kansas City International Airport (IATA: MCI) , serves the Kansas City area and is located in the Northland. The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority  offers hourly service to and from the airport on the #129 bus, called the I-29 Express , M-F 5AM-7PM. $1.25. KCI Shuttle  offers a shuttle service between the airport and downtown hotels.
Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport (IATA: MKC) , serves smaller planes.
Amtrak serves KC via the recently renovated and cavernous Union Station, located at Main and Pershing in Kansas City, Missouri. KC serves as a major stop on the daily Southwest Chief , line which provides service between Chicago and Los Angeles. Barring delays, eastbound trains depart at 7:26AM and westbound trains depart at 10:55PM. Kansas City is also the southern terminus of Amtrak's Missouri Routes , which heads east to St. Louis before turning north to Chicago.
Interstate 435 forms a ring around the city. Notably I-70 goes east to St. Louis and west to Denver. I-35 is a major corridor running northeast and southwest. US Highway 71 runs north and south and forms a midtown expressway, running from the I-435/I-470 interchange, in a northwesterly course toward downtown, where it joins I-29. North of the River, US 71 follows the same route as I-29. For more information about navigation in the metro area see the Kansas City Metropolitan Area Wikipedia Article .
- Greyhound, .
- KC is also serviced by other commercial coach service companies, which arrive and depart from the depot at 10th and Troost.
- Megabus, +1 877 462-6342, . Low-cost bus service to the Missouri side of KC from Chicago, St. Louis, and Columbia; fares start at $1. Buses arrive and depart from the east side of Grand Blvd. between 2nd and 3rd Sts., next to the 3rd & Grand MetroCenter.
- Huron Indian Cemetery  - Started in 1843. Most burials date to the mid to late 19th century.
- Strawberry Hill has interesting eastern European bakeries and shops.
- El Camino Real, 903 N 7th St, ☎ +1 913 342-4333. A dive with authentic Mexican food, with especially great tacos al pastor (pork) and chorizo sausage. Tacos are made with freshly-pressed corn tortillas and all the proper trimmings: cilantro, onions, green chili sauce, etc. $1.50-8.
- Oklahoma Joe's BBQ, 3002 W 47th Ave, ☎ +1 913 722-3366, . M-Th 11AM-8:30PM, F-Sa 11AM-9:30PM. Served out of a very unassuming gas station is what is widely considered to be the best BBQ in Kansas City, and that's saying something. Brave the lines—this is a can't miss. $4-16.
- Vietnam Cafe, 2200 W 39th Ave, ☎ +1 913 262-8552, . Tu-Th 10:30AM-9:30PM, F-Sa 10:30AM-10PM, Su 10:30AM-9PM. This is Kansas City's go-to place for pho, a scrumptious Vietnamese beef noodle soup—the comfort food of choice in Southeast Asia. For those not in the mood, the restaurant has a fairly long list of other dishes to experiment with. $6-12.
- AmeriSuites Overland Park/Convention Center,5001 W. 110th Street, +1 913491-9002 .
- AmeriSuites Overland Park/Metcalf,6801 W 112th St, +1 913 451-2553 .
- Best Western Inn & Conference Center, 501 Southwest Boulevard, +1 913 677-3060, Toll-free: +1 800 368-1741, Fax: +1 913 677-7065, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1931 Prairie Crossing/parallel, +1 913 328-1024, .
- Kansas City Microtel Inn & Suites, 7721 Elizabeth Street, +1 913 334-3028, Fax: +1 913 334-5983, .
- Comfort Suites - Kansas City Hotel, 8200 N Church Rd, Reservation:816-781-7273, Fax: 816-781-7274, .Kansas City, MO hotel offering modern comforts, spacious suites and a vibrant style with executive-style amenities like free hot breakfast and indoor saltwater pool & spa. The Comfort Suites Liberty hotel in Kansas City, Missouri offers an ideal blend of luxury and value for business and pleasure.
- Fairfield Inn Kansas City Hotel, 8101 N Church Rd, Reservation:816-792-4000, Fax: 816-792-0764, .Looking for hotels in Kansas city/Liberty hotel in Missouri? Our north Kansas City hotel is conveniently located off 1-35 and Highway 152 near historic downtown Liberty and Oceans and Worlds of Fun. We offer sleek contemporary design, complimentary hot breakfast, free Internet and an indoor saltwater pool.
- Italy (Honorary), 753 State Ave Ste 102, New Brotherhood Bldg, ☎ +1 913 281-2222 (RSerra@wycokck.org, fax: +1 913 321-6525), .
|Routes through Kansas City
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!