Kaafu is a region of the Maldives, which covers North Male Atoll, South Male Atoll and the islands of Kaashidhoo and Gaafaru.
Surrounding both the capital Male and its airport, North and South Male have seen the heaviest amount of tourist development in the country.
Practically all visitors fly into Male Airport, from where all resorts in Kaafu are accessible from Male Airport in an hour by speedboat or 15 minutes by air taxi.
Scuba diving and snorkelling are the main activities.
- Euro Divers at Kurumba Maldives, Vihamanafushi North Male, ☎ +960 6642324 (email@example.com, fax: +960 6643885). Friendly and professional staff offering over 40 dive sites with full facilities. Dive Courses, dive packages, single dive options available. edit
All resorts listed here are on private islands.
- Bodu Huraa (Formerly ''Veligandu Huraa), South Male (35 min from airport by speedboat), ☎ +960 6644100, . Reopened in 2006 after a thorough renovation under Italian management. The walkway connecting to the Anantara Resort has been demolished, but you are still free to use their facilities. All bungalows are over water. Poor house reef, but snorkelling tours and diving available. edit
- Helengeli Island Resort, North Male, ☎ +960 6644615, . Swiss-run 50-room resort at the northernmost tip of North Male Atoll, catering primarily to divers. Renovated in 2004, rooms are basic and have open-air bathrooms. OceanPro dive shop, small pool, one restaurant and bar, very limited recreational activities aside from diving. The house reef and nearby diving are excellent, but fairly exposed to currents. US$160. edit
- Thulhagiri Island Resort, North Male (25 min by speedboat from airport), ☎ +960 6645930, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 12noon. 55 basic beach bungalows and 17 water bungalows (fully separated, with direct reef access). Good house reef, excellent Sub-Aqua 5* PADI dive centre (~US$50/dive), small pool, some watersports but minimal other facilities (no spa). One restaurant, mostly buffet fare, half/full board packages only. Drinks very reasonably priced (wine from US$2/glass). All in all, a very good budget choice. Beach bungalows US$200, water bungalows US$350. edit
- Anantara Resort, South Male (25 min from airport by speedboat), ☎ +960 6644100, . Formerly Dhigufinolhu, reopened in 2006 after a thorough renovation. Great spa, several restaurants, poor house reef. US$480. edit
- Kurumba Maldives, (10 min from airport by speedboat), ☎ +960 6642324 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: Noon. 4.5 star resort with 8 restaurants, 3 bars, nightly entertainment, spa, water sports, dive centre, recreation centre, house reef and nice beaches. Range of meal plans including all inclusive menu options. US$300-1500. edit
Most resorts run shopping and sightseeing excursions to Male.