Jombang is a small city known as "Kota Santri" and located in East Java, Indonesia.
Jombang has slogan “Jombang Beriman” which means “Bersih, Indah, dan Nyaman” or in English “Clean, Beauty, and Comfort”. Beriman itself is a word in Bahasa Indonesia mean “Faithfully”, it is because Jombang also known as “Kota Santri” or Adherent to Moslem City. Many boarding Moslem schools exist in Jombang.
It said, the word of Jombang is an acronym from Javanese word that is Ijo (Indonesian: green) and Abang (Indonesian: red). Green represents the students (religious), and Red represents the Abangan (nationalist). Both groups live side by side and in harmony in Jombang. In fact both of these elements is described in the basic colors of Jombang regional symbol.
Even Islam in Jombang have strong believe but people in Jombang live side by side with other religions in peace, that’s why this city as an example for Pluralism in Indonesia. It is because our former fourth President of Indonesia Kyai H. Abdurrahman Wahid who taught about humanism and pluralism is from Jombang.
Jombang regency is landlocked by some regency and pretty close with neighborhood tourism city such as Surabaya, Mojokerto, Malang. Kepuhsari terminal is the main terminal in Jombang.
- To and from Surabaya, find bus in Purabaya/Bungurasih terminal. Any bus with this destinations Yogyakarta, Madiun, Ponorogo, Kertosono, Nganjuk, Tulungagung is passing Kepuhsari terminal. The journey will take about 2 hours and you should pay Rp. 10,000,- air-con bus. Please bear in mind that after 4 pm - 5 pm any bus will not entering the terminal but only stop at the front gate of the terminal. Jombang have 3 stop points commonly used by local traveler: Kepuhsari Terminal (main terminal), Terminal Lama (Old Terminal, T-intersection near Darul Ulum University), and the last is the Jombang Train Station.
- To and from Malang, find bus name Puspa Indah, bus with blue color in Landungsari Terminal, the journey will take around 3 hours. Please note, bus from Malang is small bus, no air-con, and the driver drive like crazy because the road is up and down, but the scenery is great because passing the mountain and paddy's field. Fare Rp. 18,000.
- To and from Yogyakarta, from Giwangan terminal find bus depart to Surabaya, all buses to Surabaya is passing Jombang terminal and the journey will take around 6 hours. Economy bus fare Rp. 43,000.
Here is the train name that passing and stop by at the Jombang train station, you may check the schedule and fare on the train company official website.
The closest airport is Juanda International Airport in Surabaya.
- Tirta Wisata. Park and recreation center with a swimming pool for children and a tennis court. edit
Most people in Jombang speak with two languages which is Bahasa Indonesia as the national language and Javanese Language as the local language. English speaker rarely found in Jombang.
- Boro Eco Adventure, Dusun Mendiro Desa Panglungan Wonosalam, ☎ 62-321-415 4141; 62-31-7061 9343, . Boro Eco Adventure offer Rafting, Out bond, Paintball, Trekking, Home Stay. Rp. 125,000 - Rp. 199,000. (-7.6657297,112.3961073) edit
- Perpamim, Jalan Gus Dur (Right in front of Jombang Sport Stadium), ☎ 62-321-6130975. 8:00 am - 16:00 pm. Claimed as the center of foods and beverages for souvenir in Jombang, you can also buy batik and t-shirt in this shop. edit
- Pujasera Kebonrojo, Jalan KH. Wachid Hasyim. Local food court around here and kid's playground. edit
Most hotel charge around Rp. 150,000 - Rp. 300,000
- Yusro Hotel Restaurant & Convention, Jalan Soekarno Hatta No.25, ☎ +62-321-878-800, . The only 3 stars hotel & convention, located in the center of Jombang city. email@example.com Rp. 486,000 - Rp. 905,000. edit
- Dewi Hotel, Jalan Cempaka No. 2. edit
- Indah Hotel, Jalan Urip Sumoharjo, ☎ +62-321-861966. edit
- Kartika Hotel, Jalan Urip Sumoharjo, ☎ 62-321-860155. edit
- Fatma Hotel, Jalan Urip Sumoharjo No.22-24, ☎ 62-321-861665; 62-321-861222. edit
- Sentral Hotel, Jalan Kyai Haji Abdurrahman Wahid, ☎ 62-321-861566; 62-321-863479. edit
- Sumber Rejeki Hotel, Jalan Gatot Subroto. edit
The international country code for Indonesia is 62. The local area code for Jombang is 321. There are three main telecommunication providers in Indonesia: Telkom Indonesia (fixed line), Telkomsel, and Indosat. Public coin phone doesn't exist these day in Jombang and telephone kiosks called Wartel rarely found. It will be better if you buy local SIM card that easily find with really cheap price.
To make an IDD call from Indonesia, dial the access code 007 for Telkom (fixed line), followed by the country code, area code and party's number. For mobile phone no need to dial the access code.
Mobile Phones are carried by almost everyone in Indonesia. Prepaid SIM cards are widely available from many telecommunication providers, such as, Telkomsel, XL, Indosat, 3, and Axis, just bring your own GSM 900 or GSM 1800 phone. The pre-paid SIM card costs around Rp 10,000. Voice and data fare may vary depending what kind provider you use.
Also available for CDMA users, Telkom Flexi, Smartfren, And Esia which are cheaper, but you must have a RUIM CDMA phone.
There are many internet cafes or Warnet/Warung Internet in Jombang which offer speedy access to the internet, they charge around Rp. 2,500/hour. Several hotels provide Wi-Fi on the lobby. Ask the front desk about internet access.
And many cafes in Jombang provide free Wi-Fi, or you can use public Wi-Fi in the Jombang town square (Alun-Alun) for free.
Indonesia Emergency Call Number
- Police, ☎ 110. edit
- Ambulance, ☎ 118;119. edit
- Badan SAR Nasional or Search and Rescue Nasional, ☎ 115, . edit
- Catastrophe Post, ☎ 129. edit
- Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN)/National Electricity, ☎ 123. edit
- Fire Company, ☎ 113; 1131. edit
- Emergency Number for Mobile Phone, ☎ 112. edit
- Red Cross Indonesia/Palang Merah Indonesia, Jombang, Jalan KH. Wachid Hasyim 133, ☎ 62-321-861209, . edit
- General Hospital Jombang, Jalan KH. Wachid Hasyim No. 52, ☎ 62-321-865716; 62-321-863502 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Hospitals with 24 hours emergency room. edit
- Rumah Sakit Islam/Islamic Hospital, Jalan Brigjen Kretarto No. 22 A, ☎ 62-321-860074. Hospitals with 24 hours emergency room. edit
- Rumah Sakit Kristen Mojowarno/Christian Hospital Mojowarno, Jalan Merdeka No. 59, Mojowarno, Jombang, ☎ 62-321-495093; 62-321-495440. Hospitals with 24 hours emergency room. edit
- Dr. Moedjito Dwidjosiswojo Hospital, Jalan Hayam Wuruk No. 9, ☎ 62-321-877276. Hospitals with 24 hours emergency room. edit
- Muhammadiyah Hospital, Jalan Dr. Soetomo, ☎ 62-321-853480. Hospitals with 24 hours emergency room. edit
- Muslimat Hospital, Jalan Urip Sumoharjo No. 32-34, ☎ 62-321-864412. Mother and Child hospital. edit