Joliet  is a city in the Chicagoland region of Illinois, a state in the Midwest of the United States of America. It is the largest city and county seat of Will County.
Joliet is a blue collar city which in recent years has built several tourist attractions. Notably, Chicagoland Speedway hosts NASCAR races during the summer and there are two riverboat casinos located on the Des Plains River, which bisects the city.
Joliet can be accessed from I-80 and I-55.
Many Amtrak lines run through Joliet's Union Station.
The Metra Rock Island District Line and Heritage Corridor Line run from downtown Chicago to Joliet Union Station.
Driving is the primary means of transportation in Joliet. Joliet is also served by Pace bus lines.
The exterior of the Joliet Correctional Center which was used as a filming location for numerous tv shows and movies, including The Blues Brothers and Prison Break.
- Chicagoland Speedway, 500 Speedway Blvd, +1 815 727-RACE, . The speedway opened in the summer of 2001 and is the annual host of the LifeLock.com 400, a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, and the Dollar General 300, a NASCAR Nationwide Series race. The speedway also plays host to an Indy Racing Northern Lights (IRL) race and an ARCA Re/Max Series race every September.
- Hollywood Casino Joliet, 777 Hollywood Blvd, +1 888 436-7737, . The 50,000 square foot casino offers over 1,100 slot and video poker games, plus table games and live "celebrity dealer" performances.
- Harrah's Joliet Casino & Hotel, 151 N. Joliet St, +1 815 740-7800, . Located along the Des Plaines River in downtown Joliet, Harrah´s Joliet offers the slots, table games and restaurants.
- Joliet Slammers Baseball, Silver Cross Field, One Mayor Art Schultz Dr, +1 815 722-BATS, . Silver Cross Field in downtown Joliet began hosting minor league baseball in 2002.
- Joliet Park District, 3000 West Jefferson St, +1 815 741-PARK, . The greater Joliet area provides a multitude of both leisure and business experiences, from nightlife to nature, festivals to food. Several of these activities can be found through the Joliet Park District.
- Rialto Square Theater, 102 N. Chicago St, +1 815 726-7171, . The historic theater originally opened in May of 1926 and is a stunning reflection of Greek, Roman, and Byzantine architecture. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Rialto has been called one of the ten most beautiful theaters in the nation. Public and private tours are available as well as shows and banquets.
- Bicycling, . There are several miles of bike trails which wind through Joliet. The Rock Run and Joliet Junction Trails are roughly North/South routes that begin at the Theodore Marsh in Crest Hill, IL and have southern terminuses on the I&M Canal State Trail. These three paths can be used as a 16 mile loop through Western Joliet. The I&M Canal State Trail stretches ~60 miles to Peru, IL for longer bike rides. edit
- Route 66 Welcome Center & Gift Shop (Joliet Museum Building), 204 N. Ottawa, ☎ 815 723 5201. A must see. edit
- Westfield Louis Joliet Shopping Mall, 3340 Mall Loop Drive #1249, Joliet IL 60431, ☎ (815) 439 1000, . The Louis Joliet Mall is a medium sized mall that contains over a hundred stores and a movie theater. edit
- Heroes West Sports Grill, 1530 Commerce Dr., Joliet Illinois 60431, ☎ (815) 725-1234, . Sports bar and grill located near I-80 and Houbolt Rd. edit
- The Hot Skillet, 2314 W Jefferson St, ☎ 815-744-8144. Low prices, greasy food (88 08,41 31) edit
- White Fence Farm, 1376 Joliet Road, Romeoville, IL 60446, ☎ 630-739-1720, . White Fence Farm is located in Romeoville, IL. They specialize in "baked then fried" chicken that is served with several sides and a choice of potato. In addition to the 1,100 seat restaurant in Romeoville there are carryout locations in several nearby towns including Joliet. edit
- Merichka's, 604 Theodore Street, Crest Hill, IL, 60403, ☎ (815) 723-9371, . Merichka's is a Crest Hill institution. Their trademark sandwich is a beef poorboy smothered in garlic butter. edit
- Rich & Creamy (Kicks on 66), 920 N. Broadway St., ☎ 815 740 2899. American soft serve creations. Blues Brothers figures dance atop over looking old Joliet Prison. edit
Maneuver's-- GLBTQ bar, empty most nights including Saturdays. Corona $4.
- Liquid Therapy, 3501 Eames St, Joliet IL, ☎ (815) 729-3998, . Bar and grill near Joliet's south side $2-$5. edit
- Jameson's Pub, 2755 Black Road Joliet, IL, ☎ 815-729-0000, . $2-$8. edit
- Samys Party Bar, 3151 Voyager Ln Joliet, IL, ☎ (815) 439-9330, . A fun, club-style bar. $2-$8. edit
- McBrody's, 73 West Jefferson Street Joliet, IL, ☎ (815) 726-8960, . Bar and grill edit
- Chicago St. Pub, 75 North Chicago Street Joliet, IL, ☎ (815) 727-7171, . varies. edit
- The Drunken Donut, 821 Plainfield Rd, Joliet IL, ☎ (815) 723-8210, . Polish bakery and bar! varies. edit
- Hammers Sports Bar and Grill, 2771 Black Road Joliet, IL, ☎ (815) 725-4250, . varies. edit
- Barcode 52, 1609 West Jefferson St, Joliet IL, ☎ 815-729-0910, . varies. edit
- Comfort Inn North Joliet Hotel, 3235 Norman Ave, +1 815 436-5141. Just minutes from the Louis Joliet Mall, 6 miles away from Harrah's and Empress casinos, just 20 miles from the Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway, only 35 miles from O'Hare International Airport and 40 miles from Downtown Chicago. 
- Comfort Inn South Joliet Hotel, 135 S. Larkin Ave, +1 815 744-1770. 2-3 minutes from the Harrah's and Empress Casino's, 5-6 miles from the Route 66 Raceway and Chicagoland Speedway, 25 miles from the O'Hare International Airport. 
Chicago is easily accessible from Joliet via I-55 or Metra.
The Metra Rock Island District Line stops at U.S. Cellular Field for White Sox baseball games in Chicago
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!