Johnson City is a city in the German Hill Country of Texas.
Johnson City is located on the intersection of US Highway 290 and US Highway 281. Johnson City is about 48 miles west of Austin and about 64 miles north of San Antonio.
- Exotic Resort Zoo, 4 miles north of town on Texas Highway 16, . 137-acres park offering guided safari tours to see over 80 species of exotic animals including giraffes, gazelles, kangaroos and zebras.
- Lyndon B. Johnson National Park (Johnson City), 100 Lady Bird Lane, ☎ 830-868-7128, . edit
- Pedernales Falls State Park, 2585 Park Road 6026, ☎ 830-868-7304, . edit
- Reimer's Ranch Reserve, . 7 days a week, sunrise to sunset. edit
- The Hill Country Inn, 203 South Highway 281, 830-868-2614
- Johnson City Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center, ☎ 830-868-7684, . edit