Ixia is a seaside resort village on the Greek island of Rhodes.
The beaches have a mixture of sand and pebbles. It is a favourite spot for windsurfers with two water sports centres renting boards and jet-skis.
Ixia has a long narrow beach which is situated near the main road with many small shops, commercial centres, restaurants, casfes and hotels lining the beach strip. The area is popular with tourists.
The Rhodes International Airport (IATA: RHO) or Diagoras International Airport. "Diagoras" (Greek: Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Ρόδου, "Διαγόρας") is 14 km to the south west of Ixia. Paradisi and Theologos (Tholos) lies a few km further down the coast and past the airport.
- Ialysos is one of the most important archaeological sites on the island. Located on the hill of Filerimos, this site would probably be the most important reason for visiting this area. The remains of the temple of Zeus and Athena Poliada and the remnants of the Byzantine fortifications can be seen.
- 14th century Church of the Knights (the Virgin Mary of Filerimos was worshiped by both the Orthodox and the Catholic faith). The road to Golgothas is path of cypress trees with quite impressive shrines lining both sides.
- 'Sunsets Relax and view the often spectacular sunsets at Ixia.
The beach can get rather windy with large waves.
Water sports, shopping and visiting the restaurants seem to be popular activities with visitors to this part of the island.
- Windsurfing Ixia is suitable for wind surfing and sailing.
- Olympic Palace Hotel (Beach Hotel Ixia Rhodes), Leoforos Iraklidon (Ialyssou), Ixia, ☎ +30 22410 79900 (email@example.com, fax: +30 2241 030434), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: noon. Discover refined elegance and genuine hospitality. Olympic Palace Resort Hotel, recently renovated in 2009-12, stands out with its’ imposing circular architecture, contemporary and chic interior design as well as for its’ first class leisure facilities and attentive service. from €90. (36.419574890388901,28.185879707336426) edit
- Sheraton Rhodes Resort, Ialyssos Avenue, Ixia Rhodes, Greece 85100 ((from Diagoras Airport) 1. Head east toward Kolokotroni/Κολοκοτρώνη 350 m 2. Take the 1st left onto Leoforos Dimokratias/Λεωφόρος Δημοκρατίας 1.7 km 3. Continue onto Leoforos Eleftherias/Λεωφόρος Ελευθερίας 3.8 km 4. Continue onto Leoforos Irakleidon/Λεωφόρος Ηρακλειδών 1.1 km 5. Continue onto Ialysou-Rodou/Ιαλυσού-Ρόδου 600 m 6. Continue onto Rodou-Apolakkias/Ρόδου-Απολακκιάς Destination will be on the right), ☎ +30 22410 57555, . checkin: 1400; checkout: 1200. (36°25'20.80N,36°25'20.80N) edit
- Atrium Platinum Luxury Resort Hotel & Spa, Iliados Street, Ixia, Rhodes Greece, ☎ +30 22410901, . Atrium Platinum, City hotel with a resort charm. edit
- Amathus Beach Hotel (Amathus Beach Hotel), 100 Iraklidon Avenue 85101 Ixia - Rhodes, Greece, ☎ +30 22410 89900, . With a wide spectrum of family entertainment this 5 star luxury resort in Rhodes is rightfully considered a prominent luxury family hotel edit
- Amathus Elite Suites Rhodes, 100 Iraklidon Avenue Ixia 85101 Rhodes, Greece, ☎ +30 22410 89900, . Engulfed by the lush surroundings and the cerulean sea, the 5 star Elite Suites hotel in Rhodes, Greece is an autonomous boutique hotel unit of Amathus Rhodes edit
- Paradisi, a few km past the airport and down the road to south.
- Theologos (Tholos), a few km further past the airport and down the road to south.
- Faliraki This is Rhodes' action resort. Go there to party. The hotels north from Faliraki are much quieter. Nice beaches, not as windy as on the west coast and served by good public transport. Hotels near the water park are family friendly and not so popular with the 'clubbers'.
- Rhodes Old Town The biggest city on the island and seat of the local government, also the oldest inhabited medieval town in Europe.