Ishinomaki (石巻市; ishinomaki-shi) is a city in Miyagi. It has a population of around 165,000 people.
- Conbini Ayers Rock Hotel (コンビニＡｙｅｒｓＲｏｃｋホテル), 立町1丁目6-21 (Exit Ishinomaki Station, go 1 block south and 3 blocks east. Across from Ishinomaki Grand Hotel.), ☎ +81 0225-23-5030, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 10AM. This hotel is a remodeled dormitory. There are vending machines and laundry machines. Single room for ¥3,980, twin room for ¥6,480, parking costs extra. (38.43348,141.307295) edit
- Ryokan Tochigi (旅館とちぎ), 鋳銭場２－１２ (From the SE corner of Ishinomaki Station, this ryokan is 50m south down a footpath.), ☎ +81 0225-93-0510 (fax: +81 0225-93-0845). checkin: 3PM; checkout: 10AM. This is an old business ryokan. It has many single and double rooms. There are shared baths and bathrooms. The friendly staff only speak Japanese. Fare includes breakfast and parking.. (38.434228,141.304414) edit
- Ishinomaki is a 30 minute drive from Matsushima, a beautiful bay with tree-covered islands.
- Sendai, the biggest city in Tohoku, is less than an hour away, by train or car.
- Tashirojima is an island which is reached by ferry from Ishinomaki, mainly known for its large population of cats.wts:Category:Ishinomaki