Indialantic is a coastal city in Brevard County, Florida. The population was 2,785 at a 2014 Census, and it is located with the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the Indian River to the west. It is situated between the neighboring cities of Indian Harbour Beach and Melbourne Beach.
Indialantic can be accessed by Florida SR-518 Eau Gallie Cswy (E Eau Gallie Blvd) and SR-192 Melbourne Cswy (E New Haven Ave/E Strawbridge Ave/5th Ave), which cross the Indian River heading east from Interstate 95 and US-1; A1A parallels the coast and provides access from the north and south. SR-513 (Riverside Dr N) also goes north/south through town.
Indialantic, like its neighboring cities of Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach and such, are primarily serviced either by Orlando Melbourne International Airport (MLB) in Melbourne, or Orlando International Airport (MCO) in Orlando.
There are no commercial bus or train stations in Indialantic. The closest Greyhound bus stations are in West Melbourne at 4520 W New Haven Ave and in Rockledge at 3210 Fiske Blvd (bus stop only). The closest Amtrak train station is in Kissimmee at 111 East Dakin Ave.
Space Coast Area Transit, Phone: 321-633-1878, . Operates the Route 21 bus service to the beaches. They run every half hour Mon-Sat and hourly on Sun.
By car, taxi, or rideshare service are the most popular ways. Many popular destinations are within walking or bike-riding distance.
- Canova Beach Park, 3299 Hwy A1A, 321-255-4400. Includes a small pavilion, grill, picnic shelter, benches along crossover, restrooms, drinking fountain and outside showers. One of the 3 dune crossovers is wheelchair accessible. Brevard County's only official dog-friendly beach.
- Locked Inside, 920 N Hwy A1A, 321-802-8886. Prison "game" where people learn to team up and escape. Various challenging themes available.
- Green Turtle Market, 855 E Eau Gallie Blvd, 321-773-2001. Organic meats, seafood and produce. Gourmet restaurant also with free beer sampling.
- Kite World, 109 S Miramar Ave Hwy A1A, 800-431-5170. Kites in all various shapes and sizes.
- Longboard House, 101 5th Ave, 321-951-8001. The most comprehensive collection of surfboards and stand up paddle boards on the planet.
- Ocean Springs Plaza, 1001 E Eau Gallie Blvd, 321-777-5504. Retail shops, restaurants, pubs, Wal-Mart and Winn Dixie grocery store.
- Paddleboard House, 110 S Miramar Ave Hwy A1A, 321-676-9773. Paddleboard rentals, sales and accessories.
On the west side of I-95 from Exit 183 (SR-518/Eau Gallie Blvd), check out:
- Renninger's Super Flea and Farmer's Market, 4835 West Eau Gallie Blvd, 321-242-9124. Open Friday-Sunday, includes nearly two and a half miles (over 800 booths) of covered shopping, food courts, a beer garden, and special monthly attractions. Pretty much everything including fresh produce, spices, arts and crafts, plants, appliances, electronics, furniture, cell phones and, best of all, Florida souvenirs. Many various animals also on display and, if you like to haggle, many of the asking prices can be negotiable, especially if you have actual cash on-hand. A must-do for all residents and visitors at least once.
- Beachside Cafe, 109 5th Ave, 321-953-8444. Breakfast and lunch menu.
- Bizzarro's Pizza, 4 Wavecrest Ave, 321-724-4799. "The Original Bizzarro Famous New York Pizza" and other Italian selections. Right on the beach.
- Big Island Burritos, 814 Hwy A1A, 321-733-4802. Burritos and other Mexican dishes.
- Blueberry Muffin Restaurant, 1130 N Hwy A1A, 321-725-7117. Breakfast and lunch, can be crowded so plan accordingly.
- Bunky's Raw Bar, 2372 N Hwy A1A, 321-777-2526. Seafood fare.
- Cantina Dos Amigos, 990 N Hwy A1A, 321-724-2183. Mexican and American food.
- Friendly's, 1011 E Eau Gallie Blvd, 321-777-5035. Specializes in ice cream, shakes and such but serves breakfast items, burgers and sandwiches also.
- Ichabod's Beachside Bar & Grill, 2320 N Hwy A1A, 321-777-0214. Seafood and American menu.
- Indialantic Seafood Comp, 826 N Hwy A1A, 321-914-3989. Steamed seafood selections and salads.
- Island's Fish Grill, 111 5th Ave, 321-956-0559. Gourmet seafood.
- Haru Sushi Bar and Grill, 1500 N Hwy A1A, 321-725-6100. Japanese, sushi and seafood menu.
- Long Doggers, 890 Hwy A1A, 321-725-1115. Gourmet hot dogs, burgers, seafood and salads.
- Moo's Soft Serve Ice Cream, 930 Hwy A1A, 321-676-7455. Ice cream, coffee, and other such desserts.
- Pat's Place, 279 E Eau Gallie Blvd, 321-773-7000. Greek and pizza menu.
- Thai Thai II, 2324 N Hwy A1A, 321-773-6144. Thai and sushi.
- Villa Palma Ristorante, 874 N Hwy A1A, 321-951-0051. Italian restaurant.
- Baroo's Beachside Bar, 810 N Hwy A1A, 321-817-7397. Pool and ping pong tables.
- Coaster's Pub, 971A E Eau Gallie Blvd, 321-779-2739. 100+ beer selection.
- Copperhead Tavern, 205 5th Ave, 321-802-4700. Food menu also, features outdoor seating.
- City Tropics 249 5th Ave, 321-723-1300. Food menu also, features outdoor seating.
- Hustler Bar & Pool Room, 810 N Hwy A1A, 321-768-0640. Sports bar with pool tables.
- Lou's Blues Upstairs, 3191 N Hwy A1A, 321-779-2299. 2-story bar with live entertainment, karaoke and outdoor seating. Can get quite crowded on the weekends.
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, 2605 N Hwy A1A, 321-777-4100
- Doubletree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, 1665 N Hwy A1A, 321-723-4222
- Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, 3003 N Hwy A1A, 321-777-5000
- Oceanfront Paradise Resort, 1135 N Hwy A1A, 321-768-0708
- Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, 3101 N Hwy A1A, 321-773-9260
- Sea Scape Motel & Apartments, 1745 N Hwy A1A, 321-676-7507
|Routes through Indialantic