Ikeda (池田) , also Awa-Ikeda (阿波池田), is a small town in Miyoshi (Tokushima) on the island of Shikoku, Japan.
Awa-Ikeda Station is along the JR Dosan Line , which burrows across the heart of Shikoku from Kubokawa and Kochi through the Oboke and Koboke gorges to Tadotsu and Takamatsu.
From Okayama, a stop on the San'yo Shinkansen, Awa-Ikeda can be reached on the hourly Nanpu limited express service (90 minutes; ¥3510).
The JR Tokushima Line also terminates here, the trip from Tokushima taking about 70 minutes on the Tsurugisan limited express service (¥3240), or two hours by local train (¥1580).
There is no charge for these trains with the Japan Rail Pass.
There are seven buses per day into the Iya Valley.
A car is best for exploring this region.
There is an "Eki rental car" of the JR group in Awa Ikeda station, but you are not likely to be able to make a reservation in English.
The car rental company that you can make a reservation in English is as follows.
However, there seems to be no office in Awa Ikeda station. Please rent in another station or airport.
- Japan Railway Company Japanese site refers as follows. 
- Happy Raft (ハッピーラフト), Japan, 筏木221-4 長岡郡大豊町 高知県 789-0158 (Near Tosaiwahara Station), ☎ +81 887-75-0500, . Founded by an Australian, you'll have no trouble planning your rafting trip down the Yoshino River with Happy Raft. Half-day (￥5000) and Full-day (￥10000) trips are available. Full day trips include a bagel lunch. Wet suits, shoes and gear are provided. They also run guest houses in the area. Accessible by car or by train. edit
- Awa-Ikeda Youth Hostel, tel. 0883-72-5277, . Located over 5 km from the station in a temple area on the top (several minutes drive) of a hill. Overnight fare is ¥3000+1000 non-member fee. It is staffed by a lone caretaker who seems rather suprised to actually have a visitor. Arrange your travel so that you arrive before 6pm at the station so they pick you up (a day's advance notice required), otherwise taxi costs ¥1800.
- Business Hotel Yamashiro, tel. 0883-72-0277. From the railway station, go into Ekimae road, take the second side street towards the left, the hotel is near the beginning on the right-hand side. Single room with ensuite bathroom ¥5000 per night.
- Sushi-Roku, tel. 0883-72-0205, . Located on the left-hand side of Ekimae road. Rooms are Japanese-style and the owners apparently cannot speak English. ¥3500 per night, (English) breakfast ¥500.