Hyattsville is a city in Prince George's County, Maryland. It is a suburb of Washington, D.C.
The main reason to visit Hyattsville is to shop at The Mall at Prince Georges.
Hyattsville was founded by Christopher Clark Hyatt, who purchased most of the land comprising the city in 1845.
Hyattsville is just south of East-West Highway (MD-410) on US-1 south of College Park and the Beltway (I-495), and just west of the B-W Pkwy (MD-295).
Metrorail Green Line stops at West Hyattsville and Prince George's Plaza, which are both 1.5 miles from Hyattsville.
Marc Light Rail Camden Line stops at at Riverdale, 1 mile from Hyattsville.
Metrobus 81-86 runs through through Hyattsville, operating along US-1 between College Park and Washington D.C.
The Anacostia Tributary Trail System, which includes the Northeast Branch Trail and the Northwest Branch Trail (both along branches of the Anacostia River), runs though Hyattsville, allowing cyclists access from Silver Spring and Greenbelt.
Bus #13 operates service between the West Hyattsville and Prince George's Plaza Metrorail Stations and downtown Hyattsville. The bus costs $1.25 and can be paid using a SmarTrip debit card. It runs every 40 minutes until the evening.
- Hyattsville Horns, (At the Hyattsville Justice Center), . A sculpture by Chris Janney installed in 2004 consisting of 5 colorful horns of 9 feet each that play tunes when touched. Lit up at night.
- Magruder Park, 4000 Hamilton St, . This 32-acre park is the main park in Hyattsville. In includes fields for playing many popular sports.
- The Mall at Prince Georges, 3500 East West Highway, . An enclosed shopping mall anchored by Target, JCPenney, Macy's, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Old Navy.
- Hyattsville Farmers Market, 3799 East West Highway, . T: 3-7PM in the summer.
There are many chain restaurants in Hyattsville including Five Guys, Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden, McDonald's, and Qdoba.
- Busboys and Poets, 5331 Baltimore Ave, ☎ +1 301 779-2787, .
- Cafe Azul, 4423 Longfellow St, ☎ +1 301 209-0049, .
- Chez Dior, 5124 Baltimore Ave, ☎ +1 240 696-5907, . Senegalese food.
- Franklin's, 5121 Baltimore Ave, ☎ +1 301 927-2740, . A great little brewpub and a local institution.
- Golden China Restaurant, 5908 40th Ave, ☎ +1 301 985-2098, .
- Shagga Coffee & Restaurant, 6040 Baltimore Ave, ☎ +1 240 296-3030, . Ethiopian food.
- Spice 6 Modern Indian, 5501 Baltimore Ave, ☎ +1 301 209-0080, .
- Carolina Kitchen Bar & Grill, 6501 America Blvd, ☎ +1 301 927-2929, . Southern home cooking and colorful art.
- Cococabana Bar & Grill, 2031A University Blvd, ☎ +1 301 431-1882, . Latin & Caribbean buffet.
- Old Dominion BrewHouse, 6504 America Blvd, ☎ +1 301 887-1818, .
The nearest hotels are either by the B-W Pkwy, or just north in College Park.
- Hyattsville Library, 6530 Adelphi Rd, ☎ +1 301 985-4690, .
|Routes through Hyattsville
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!