Hutchinson is a city in Kansas, in the United States of America.
Amtrak's daily Chicago-Los Angeles Southwest Chief  line stops in Hutchinson. This stop has no ticket office and no Quik-Trak ticket machine so tickets must be purchased at another station or online.
- Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center, 1100 North Plum St., Ph: 800-397-0330, .
- Kansas Underground Salt Museum, 3504 East Avenue G at Airport Road (On Airport Road between Highway 50 and the airport), ☎ 866-755-3450, . Explore a salt mine 650 feet underground. Features a museum located underground and a "dark ride" tour. $15 adults/$10 children.
- Reno County Museum, 100 South Walnut & Avenue A, ☎ 620-662-1184, .
- Dillon Nature Center, 3002 East 30th (On 30th Ave just east of K-61), ☎ 620-663-7411, . 8 am to dusk. A 100-acre nature park with ponds and hiking trails. There is also a visitor center featuring indoor educational exhibits. Free.
- Hedrick's Exotic Animal Farm, 7910 N. Roy L. Smith Rd. Nickerson, KS (8 miles west of Hutchinson on Highway 96 near Nickerson), ☎ 888-489-8039, . A bed & breakfast and exotic animal farm. Call ahead for reservations.
- Carey Park, (Located at the south end of Hutchinson), . Large park with a golf course, the Hutchinson Zoo, and Salt City Splash water park.
The Salt City Splash is a set of three pools complete with all the water toys and slides a child could ask for. There are several other water parks around town that are free. Snow cone stands are also very popular in the summertime here.
Hutchinson hosts the Kansas State Fair in mid-September.
The third Thursday of every month there is a festival downtown complete with live music, art exhibits, specials on meals, and extended business hours. The downtown area is full of antique shops, boutique-type clothing stores, homey cafes, and quirky bookstores.
Outside of town is nice hiking through Sandhill State Park or at the Dillon Nature Center.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1601 Super Plaza Ave, ☎ +1 620 669-5200, .
- Hutchinson Microtel Inn & Suites, 1420 N. Lorraine, ☎ +1 620 665-3700 (fax: +1 620 663-7282), .
|Routes through Hutchinson