Huron is a city of 11,893 in Beadle County, South Dakota.
- The vacant campus of Huron University, which existed from 1883 until 2005 (at this location from 1897) is in Huron. The school was a private University affiliated with the Presbyterian church until it was sold into private hands and run as a for-profit enterprise by several different entities until 2005. It has since been vacant and the campus is for sale.
- The World's Largest Pheasant, Highway 14 east of town atop the Huron Liquor Store.
- Ringneck Festival & Bird Dog Challenge, ☎ 605-352-0000 (email@example.com). In 2006 twenty-eight teams from 17 states competed in this trial for upland bird-hunting dogs. 2007 dates are November 8-10. edit
- South Dakota State Fair, 890 3rd St SW, ☎ 800-529-0900 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 605-353-7348), . Food, rides, shows, competitions - this state fair on the Great Plains has it all. 2007 dates are August 30-September 3 edit
- Tailgate Restaurant, 455 Dakota Ave S, ☎ 605-352-8432, . Locally owned american bar and grill type restaurant. edit
- Prime Time Tavern, 2110 Dakota Ave. S, ☎ 605-352-7631. Legendary steakhouse and tavern. There are only four items on the menu and they are all steak. All steaks come with a wedge salad with ranch dressing, baked potato and bread. If you ask for any kind of dressing other than ranch the waitress will likely say "You know, our blue cheese tastes a lot like ranch." Very affordable. Great happy hour prices ($3 margaritas). edit
- Thunderbird Liquors, 1949 Dakota Ave S., ☎ 605-352-6561, . It's a liquor store that happens to also be a bar. If they sell it you can drink it on the spot. Reasonable prices. edit
- Best Western of Huron, 2000 Dakota Avenue S, +1 605 352-2000, Fax: +1 605 352-2000, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 100 21st St Sw, +1 605 352-6655, .