Humboldt County  is in the North Coast of California, and is very tricky to spell.
Humboldt County is a special area of Northern California which is well known for its micro brews, herbal refreshments, amazing redwoods and diverse culture. Only two hours from the Oregon border and sitting right on the Pacific coast, opportunity for outdoor adventures is endless. Humboldt is one the most unique places in California, if not the world (containing many of the world's largest trees), and should be traveled to and experienced by all.
There are only 2 roads in. You can come from the south or north on the 101 or you can come west on the 299.
The Eureka/Arcata Airport is a regional airport located 20 minutes north of Eureka. It is currently served by United.
There is a third route into Humboldt County, California State Route 36. It crosses over from Red Bluff, CA to Fortuna, CA.
- Two Street Music, 124 Second St. , Eureka CA, ☎ 707-445-3155. Two Street Music has been serving Humboldt County’s musical needs for over 25 years. edit
- Humboats Kayak Adventures, Dock A, Woodley Island Marina , Eureka CA, ☎ 707-443-5157. Welcome to Humboats Kayak Adventures, the Redwood Coast's finest kayak and canoe specialist, certified by the ACA and BCU, catering to all levels of paddlers. edit
- Morris Graves Museum of Art, 636 F Street , Eureka CA, ☎ 707-442-0278. The Museum today houses seven galleries including a Courtyard Sculpture Garden, a Museum Store, classroom facilities, an Arts Resource Center and a Performance Rotunda, and each month. edit
- Sequoia Park and Zoo, Eureka CA, ☎ 707-441-4263. In operation since 1907, The Sequoia Park Zoo has long been considered one of the most important cultural facilities in the area. edit
- Ferndale Repertory Theatre, 447 Main Street , Ferndale CA, ☎ 707-786-5483. The Ferndale Rep is the longest running live theatre on California’s north coast. edit
- Full Throttle Sportfishing, Woodley Island Marina , Eureka CA, ☎ (707) 498-7473, . During fishing season, Captain Gary Blasi takes anglers out on his 22 ft boat the Seaweasel. Prices vary depending on what fish and how long you're out for. He fishes for Tuna, Salmon, Rockfish and Halibut. $150 for a half day or $250 for a whole day. Prices are per person. $150. edit
- Northwind Charters, Eureka CA, ☎ (707) 616-5803. Northern California salmon, tuna, rockfish, and halibut saltwater sportfishing hook and line-caught fishing experts. $150. edit
- Green Water Fishing Adventures, Klamath, CA, ☎ (907) 841-5420. Specializing in driftboat adventures for steelhead and salmon on the unspoiled rivers of Northern California edit
. Humboldts New Rock - Tune into stream
. Radio Without the Rules - Tune into stream
. Diverse Public Radio - Tune into stream
. Redwood Community Radio - Tune into stream
- Tour of the Unknown Coast 
- Redwood Coast Dixieland Jazz Festival 
- Kinetic Sculpture Race 
- Humboldt Redwoods Marathon 
- Reggae On the River Festival 
- Humboldt County Fair,  Held annually since 1869, has alot of country feel to it and a good time for the family
Samoa Cookhouse. This is the last remaining lumberjack style cookhouse in America. There is no menu. You get what the cook serves and you can eat all you want. Dinners usually consist of soup, salad, fresh bread, and either porkchops, fried chicken, beef, plus desert (usually pie). In Samoa, California right across the bridge from Eureka. 511 Vance Road.
- Bless MySoul, 29 5th Street , Eureka CA, ☎ 707-443-1090. Good food and good feelings in a location where you will feel right at home. With a walk up counter for take out orders, and indoor seating for people who want to enjoy the down home hospitality. edit
- Lost Coast Brewery 
- Six Rivers Brewery 
- Mad River Brewing Co. 
- Eel River Brewing Company
Northwest California is the epicentre of the USA's marijuana growing industry, and there are many large operations hidden in the greenhouses and hills of Humboldt. Some of these operations are well-guarded (think attack dogs, snipers and automatic weapons), and while you are unlikely to stumble on one it is best to avoid anything that looks suspicious.