- See Boulder for the city in Colorado.
Hoover Dam seen from the southern (Arizona) side
Boulder City is a city in Southern Nevada, originally built for construction workers of the nearby Hoover Dam.
It is one of only two cities in Nevada where gambling is prohibited.
US Route 93 connects Las Vegas to Kingman (Arizona) via Boulder City.
- Hoover Dam, Route 93, east of Boulder City, . 9AM-6PM daily. Straddling the Colorado River between Nevada and Arizona, this was the world's largest dam when completed in 1935, and instrumental in generating power and providing irrigation via Lake Mead, which was created behind the dam. Traffic to the dam can be quite bad so plan your trip with extra travel time. $8 Visitor Center, with tour $11, in-depth tour $30, parking $7. edit
- Boulder City and Hoover Dam Museum, 1305 Arizona St. (located in the Boulder Dam Hotel), ☎ +1 702 294-1988 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1 702 294-4380), . M-Sa 10AM-5PM; Closed Jan 1, Thanksgiving, Dec 25. Tells the story of the construction of the Hoover Dam and origins of Boulder City. $2, children and students - $1. edit
View of the Hoover Dam reservoir
- Skydive Las Vegas, (at the Boulder City airport). offers the chance to jump out of a perfectly good airplane and get a great view of Lake Mead at the same time. edit
- The popular Nevadan pastime of gambling is not allowed in Boulder City, but two casinos are located at the edges of town just outside the city limits, Railroad Pass to the west and the Hacienda to the east. Railroad Pass (opened 1931) is the oldest casino in Clark County.
- Ride the Train - Travel by railroad aboard the Nevada Southern Railway. Scenic railroad operates between Boulder City and Railroad Pass aboard restored 1911 era passenger cars. Air conditioned in summer, heated in winter. Operates Sat-Sun year round. Engineer for an hour allows you to be your own engineer or rent the entire train for a birthday or wedding. Nevada State Railroad Museum, 600 Yucca St, +1 702-486-5933 
- Best Western Lighthouse Inn, 110 Ville Dr, ☎ +1 702 293-6444. edit
- Boulder Dam Hotel, 1305 Arizona St, ☎ +1 702 293-3510 (email@example.com, fax: +1 702 293-3093), . Wireless internet access, Cable/satellite TV, Complimentary breakfast, Coffee & tea in the lobby, In room air purification, Free local calls, Complimentary toiletries, hair dryer, extra towels/bedding, iron/ironing board, Clock radio and wake-up calls, Cribs on request $75-115. edit
- Desert Inn of Boulder City, 800 Nevada Hwy, ☎ +1 702 293-2827. edit
- Lake Mead Resort and Marina, 322 Lakeshore Rd, ☎ +1 702 293-2074. edit
- Nevada Inn, 1009 Nevada Hwy, ☎ +1 702 293-2044. edit
- El Rancho Boulder Motel, 725 Nevada Hwy, ☎ +1 702 293-1085. edit
- Sands Motel of Boulder City, 809 Nevada Hwy, ☎ +1 702 293-2589. edit
- Starview Motel of Boulder City, 1017 Nevada Hwy, ☎ +1 702 293-1658. edit
- Super 8 Motel, 704 Nevada Hwy, ☎ +1 702 294-8888 (toll free: +1 800 800-8000, fax: +1 702 293-4344). edit
- Western Inn, 921 Nevada Hwy, ☎ +1 702 294-0393. edit
|Routes through Boulder City