Hogsback is a town in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.
Fly to East London, rent a car and drive the 140km via King William's Town to Hogsback.
Fly to Port Elizabeth, rent a car and drive 250 km via Grahamstown, Fort Beaufort and Alice.
From the North, take the N1 to Bloemfontein, N6 to Queenstown, from Queenstown via Whittlesea, Seymour, Fort Beaufort, Alice, Hogsback. Warning! Do not take the road from Seymour to Hogsback.
From the East (Kwa-Zulu Natal) N2 via King William's Town to Hogsback.
From the South (Cape Town) N2 via Port Elizabeth and Grahamstown, turn off to Fort Beaufort and Alice.
No car rental agencies or public transport. For getting around comfortably own transport is recommended.
Explore Hogsback and surrounds:
- numerous hiking trails and waterfalls in the indigenous forests
- visit St Patrick's on the Hill, one of the smallest chapels in South Africa
- breathtaking views from various locations
- visit spectacular gardens in spring
- enjoy stunning autumn colours
- visit various arts and crafts and pottery, walk a labyrinth and much more
- horse riding
- watch beautiful sunsets
- enjoy the peace and quiet of the mystical, magical mountain
- relax in front of a cozy log fire in winter
- rejuvenate your soul
- visit Double Drift and Mpofu game parks.
2 small grocery stores,
a few shops mainly at the different eateries,
arts and crafts,
photography studio and
local products like jams,
soap and body products
- Enchanted Treehouse, ☎ +27 83 773-6908. edit
- Happy Hogs, ☎ +27 83 275-0030. edit
- Misty Mountain coffee bar, ☎ +27 82 724-6178. edit
- Ninas, ☎ +27 45 962-1326. edit
- Tea Thyme (at the edge), ☎ +27 45 962-1159 (email@example.com), . Have tea and scones in the garden under the old oak trees. edit
- Arminel hotel, ☎ +27 45 962-1005 (firstname.lastname@example.org). edit
- Ashfield, ☎ +27 45 962-1218 (email@example.com), . edit
- Away with the fairies, Bag End, Ambleside Close, ☎ +27 45 962-1031 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Relaxed backpacker with amazing views, various hikes start right from the garden. Camping R50, dorms R90/R100, twin rooms R240 and ensuite double rooms from R300. edit
- The Edge, ☎ +27 45 962-1159 (www.theedge-hogsback.co.za), . edit
- Granny Mouse house, ☎ +27 45 962-1259 (email@example.com), . edit
- Hogsback Inn hotel, ☎ +27 45 962-1006 (firstname.lastname@example.org). edit
- King's Lodge hotel, ☎ +27 45 962-1024 (email@example.com), . edit
- Maylodge, ☎ +27 45 962-1016 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . edit
- Never Daunted self-catering, 6, Redcoat Lane, ☎ +27 45 962-1026 (email@example.com), . R175pppn. edit
- Nutwoods, ☎ +27 45 962-1043 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . edit