Hodgenville is a small town in the Kentucky Derby Region.
Interstate 65 cuts across LaRue County's western border. KY 61, also known as Lincoln Pkwy, leads to Hodgenville from Elizabethtown and I-65 and serves as a gateway to Kentucky's Cumberland Plateau. US 31E brings traffic from Bardstown and Glasgow and US 31W parallels I-65 in the western part of the county.
- Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site, 2995 Lincoln Farm Road, ☎ ''+1 270'' 358-3137 (fax: ''+1 270'' 358-3874), . Daily 8AM-4:45PM; until 6:45PM Memorial Day to Labor Day. Free. edit
- Lincoln Boyhood Home at Knob Creek, Approx 10 miles northeast of the Birthplace site (From the Birthplace Unit: Take US 31E (KY 61) northeast for approximately 10 miles; entrance on left), ☎ ''+1 270'' 358-3137 (fax: ''+1 270'' 358-3874), . Daily: daylight hours. Free. edit
- The Lincoln Museum, 66 Lincoln Square, ☎ ''+1 270'' 358-3163 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . M-Sa 8:30AM-4:30PM, Su 12:30PM-4:30PM. The main floor of this museum features dioramas of pivotal points of Abraham Lincoln's life. The second floor has a collection of Lincoln memorabilia including news clippings and campaign posters. edit
- Joel Ray's Lincoln Jamboree  2579 Lincoln Farm Rd. 358-3545. Every Saturday Night, 8:00 PM EST. All seats reserved at $8.00 each. Free weekend camp sites (with electricity) are available for customers. The campground opens At 11 AM on Fridays.
- Lincoln Days Celebration  Celebrated the first weekend in October, this year's Festival will be October 6 & 7.
Lincolns Loft Bookstore on the square
- China King 800 S. Lincoln Blvd. 358-8808.
- H & T Billiards 9 Lincoln Square 358-9505.
- Hardee's 101 Lincoln Dr. 358-8881.
- Hometown Pizza 105 Lincoln Dr. 358-8844.
- Joel Ray's Restaurant 2579 Lincoln Farm Rd. 358-3545.
- Laha's Red Castle Hamburgers 21 Public Square 358-9201.
- Lee's Famous Recipe Fried Chicken 803 S. Lincoln Blvd. 358-9288.
- Magnolia Market and Café 9357 New Jackson Hwy., Magnolia 324-9932.
- Mama Sond's Café 110 N. Lincoln Blvd. 358-9783.
- McDonalds  932 S. Lincoln Blvd. 358-5751.
- Miguel's Mexican Restaurant 328 S. Lincoln Blvd. 358-0244.
- Paula's Hot Biscuit 311 W. Water St. 358-2237.
- Pizza Hut  715 N. Lincoln Blvd. 358-9545.
- Pizza Zone 2507 Greensburg Rd., Buffalo, 42716 325-2252.
- Royal Pizza II, Inc. 804 S. Lincoln Blvd. 358-0088.
- Ruthie's Lincoln Freeze 700 S. Lincoln Blvd. 358-4987.
- Subway/TCBY  107 Lincoln Dr. 358-5959.
- Wrolen Pin Cafe, 2533 Lincoln Farm Road, Hodgenville, KY 42748 (Take Rt 31E one mile south from town square. 1/4 mile from Abraham Lincoln Lincoln Birth Place entrance on 31E/61), ☎ 270-358-3463 (DINE), . 7:00 - 2:00. Wrolen Pin Cafe offers country style home cooking, freshly made, hot lunch specials and breakfast. Ruth Astor, owner, serves various lunch favorites from smoked bar-b-que, roast beef, fried pork chops, and other favorite recipes for the main entree, along with a choice of 2 sides, for a reasonable price of $6.50 + Tax with drink included. Friendly, comfortable, quaint dining area allows for guests to enjoy a good dinner at an affordable price. $6.50 + Tax for Lunch special. $6.50 + Tax. edit
LaRue County is dry, along with Elizabethtown. The nearest wet community is Bardstown.
- Wrolen Pin Cafe, 2533 Lincoln Farm Road (Rt 31E & 61, 1/4 mile before Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site), ☎ 270-358-3463, . 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Country home style cooking lunch specials served Tuesday - Saturday. Ruth Astor cooks fresh hot plate lunches at affordable price. Entree + 2 sides + drink for $6.50 + Tax. Breakfast served 7:00 AM and Lunch served at 11:00 - 2:00, Tuesday - Friday, Breakfast 8:00 AM on Saturdays. Daily special posted on restaurant web site daily at www.wrolenpincafe.com. Cafe named after Ruth's grandmother's last name who was a professional cook in the St. Louis area from the 1960-1990s. $6.50 + Tax. edit
- Wrolen Pin Cafe, 2533 Lincoln Farm Road, Hodgenville, KY 42748 (Located on Rt 31E and Rt 61, 1 mile south of town square, 1/4 mile before Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site), ☎ 270-358-3463 (DINE), . 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Wrolen Pin Cafe offers country style home cooking, freshly made, hot lunch specials and breakfast. Ruth Astor, owner, serves various lunch favorites from smoked bar-b-que, roast beef, fried pork chops, and other favorite recipes for the main entree, along with a choice of 2 sides, for a reasonable price of $6.50 + Tax with drink included. Friendly, comfortable, quaint dining area allows for guests to enjoy a good dinner at an affordable price. $6.50 + Tax for Lunch special. edit
- Cabin Fever #2, 3030 Old Elizabethtown Rd., (270) 358-4415, . $60 + 6% tax, per couple, per night (includes breakfast). Located on KY 210 North, just 3 miles from Hodgenville. No smoking. Not wheelchair accessible. Swimming Pool available.
- Nancy Lincoln Inn, 96 Nancy Lincoln Ln. (270) 358-3845, .
More lodging is available in nearby Elizabethtown and Bardstown.
- LaRue County Chamber of Commerce 
|Routes through Hodgenville
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!