Hightstown is a borough in Mercer County, New Jersey, in the United States of America.
Hightstown is situated in the center of New Jersey which is the crossroads between Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and New York City, New York. Also it is a good distance from Princeton, Rutgers- New Brunswick and the Jersey Shore.
The closest international airport is Newark Liberty International Airport is about 38.2 miles away (approx 45 min. by car) and Philadelphia International Airport is about 52.5 miles (approx. an hour by car).
From Philadelphia, take I-676 E/US-30 E entering into New Jersey then left at US-30 E (signs for Trenton/US-30/US-130/NJ Turnpike), left on to NJ-38 then right to NJ-73/Rte-73 S (signs for New Jersey Turnpike/Marlton/RT-73), take ramp New Jersey Turnpike North and exit off of exit 8 toward Hightstown/Freehold.
From New York City take the Lincoln Tunnel to NJ-495 W which merges on to I-95 S to Exit 8 Hightstown/Freehold.
The closest train station is Princeton Junction Amtrak Station which is 6.2 miles away.
Since Hightstown is 1.2 square miles accessibility is fairly easy. Main street connects to Route 33 and Stockton Street allows access to Route 130 and Route 571 where most of the restaurants and shopping centers are located. Most of the places are 5 minutes away and readily available. There are a number of Taxicab services for your convenience in town.
- The Fun House, 278 Monmouth Street, Hightstown 08520. A private party center which is 6,500 square foot facility equipped with over 60 boardwalk games.
- Hightstown Memorial Library, 114 Franklin Street (Corner of Franklin & Main). The building was built in 1954 which was dedicated for war veterans in town . There is a reading room that overlooks the waters of Peddie Lake and also it has a fire room. The library offers to the public 8 computers as well as books, magazines, newspapers, and with a large collection of DVDs.
- Etra Lake Park, 9 Disbrow Hill Rd. A small park which surrounds Etra Lake where you can have picnics with soccer fields and a basketball court. It is also great for nature walks, fishing and biking.
- Multiplex Cinemas, 319 Route 130 North, ☎ (609) 371-8472.
- Brunswick East Windsor Lanes, 529 Route130 North, ☎ (609) 448-2258.
- Target, 70 Princeton Hightstown Road, ☎ (609) 371-2273.
- Walmart, 839 Route 130 North, ☎ (609) 443-6159.
- Americana Diner & Lounge, 359 Route 130 North, ☎ (609) 448-4477, .
- Tavern on the Lake, 101 Main Street, ☎ (609) 426-9345, .
- City Streets Cafe, 510 Route 130 South, ☎ (609) 426-9400, .
- Slowdown Cafe, 110 Mercer Street, ☎ (609) 448-9900, .
- Masti Indian Grill, 440 Route 130 South, ☎ (609) 490- 0100, . serves up traditional Indian dishes from North and South India. Food is made fresh with herbs and spices.
- Sushi King, 440 Route 130 South, ☎ (609) 371-2663. has authentic Japanese cuisine specializing in sushi is a cozy restaurant situated in Windsor-Hights Shopping Center
- Holy Cow Grill, 659 Abbington Dr, ☎ 609-490-1120.
- Club 8 Inc, 651 Route 33 W, ☎ 609-443-9823.
- Days Inn of East Windsor, 460 Route 33 East, ☎ (609)448-3200, .
- Holiday Inn, 399 Monmouth Street, ☎ (609) 448-7000.
- Quality Inn, 351 Franklin Street, ☎ (609) 448-7399.
- Hampton Inn, 384 Monmouth Street, ☎ (609) 426-1600.
- Quakerbridge Mall, .
- Freehold Raceway Mall, .
- Jackson Premium Outlets, .
|Routes through Hightstown
Wikipedia:Hightstown, New Jersey