Hermann  is a small German town in Gasconade County, Central Missouri. Located on the Missouri River, just just off of the Katy Trail , it is famous for its many wineries.
Hermann is a stop on Amtrak's Kansas City to St. Louis route the Missouri River Runner . There are two departures each direction every day. The station, located at Wharf & Gutenberg Streets, offers no services. While a ticket is not required to board the train a reservation is. Call 800-USA-RAIL or visit www.amtrak.com for reservation, ticket and schedule information before boarding. Although several of the bed & breakfasts are within walking distance of the station, many do offer pickup/drop-off service as well. Recent State and Federal infrastructure investments have been made and the route now boasts a 90%+ on-time rating.
Whether coming from the east or west, I-70 is the interstate of choice. Hermann is on MO-19 (exit 175), 16 miles south of I-70. For those coming from the southwest, taking I-44 east to MO-19 will get you there as well.
- Deutschheim State Historic Site, 109 W 2nd St, (573) 486-2200, 
- German School Museum, 312 Schiller St, (573) 486-2017, 
- White House Hotel 1868, 232 Wharf St (on the waterfront off 1st St), ☎ 573-486-3200, . Historic hotel built in 1868, operating as a living history museum with actors dressed in period clothing. $10. edit
- El Ranchito, 701 Market St, Hermann, MO 65041, ☎ +1 573-486-0407. Inexpensive Mexican restaurant located on the main drag. $6-$12. edit
- Vintage Restaurant, 1110 Stone Hill Highway, Hermann, MO 65041, ☎ +1 800-909-9463 / +1 573-486-2221, . Lunch - Daily - 11 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Dinner - Sunday - Thursday - 5 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Friday - 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday - 5 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.. Upscale restaurant located on the Stone Hill Winery property. $15-$30. edit
- Hermannhof Winery, 330 East First Street, Hermann, MO 65041, ☎ +1 800-303-0100 / +1 573-486-5995, . Mon-Sat 10-5, Sun 11-5. Memorial Day through Labor Day: open until 6. Original historic stone cellars and small deli with an outside court yard make Hermannhof a must visit. edit
- Adam Puchta Winery, 1947 Frene Creek Road, Hermann, MO 65041, ☎ +1 573-486-5596, . Summer hours: Mon-Sat 9-6, Sun 11-6 Winter hours: Mon-Sat 9-5, Sun 11-5. Very friendly, relaxed winery. edit
- Birk's Gasthaus, 700 Goethe Street, Hermann, MO 65041, ☎ +1 888-701-2495 / +1 573-486-2911, . Beautifully restored 1886 mansion with 9 guest rooms, most with private bath. Spacious rooms with nice, quality furniture. Excellent breakfast and friendly staff. $75-$105. edit
- Hermann Hill Vineyard & Inn, 711 Wein Street, Hermann, MO 65041, (573) 486-HILL, . Ultimate country inn with beautiful rooms and suites.
- Inn at Hermannhof, 237 East First Street, ☎ (573) 486-5199, . Historic bed and breakfast in Hermann, MO featuring beautifully appointed suites with complimentary breakfasts, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs & modern amenities. Located in the center of downtown a short walk to wineries, shopping, & the Katy Trail. $126-$364. edit
- Hermann Area Chamber of Commerce,