Heraklion Prefecture is the central region of Crete, Greece.
- Heraklion (Iraklion or Candia) — the largest city with the archaeological highlight Knossos
- Chersonissos (Hersonissos) — blissful harbour town in winter, party capital of Crete in summer
- Malia — crowded tourist mecca popular mostly with young (especially British) travelers
- Agia Pelagia — one of the coastal gems most well known bays of Crete Greece
- Douloufakis Winery, Dafnes, Heraklion, Crete, Greece (http://www.cretanwines.gr/en/contact-m-en/winery-dafnes-heraklion-crete-greece-en-m), ☎ 00302810792017, . 10:00-15:30. Douloufakis winery is open to visitors all year round,after appointment. The visitors’ wine experience starts even before arriving at the winery, as the route and the surrounded landscape is filled with images that emphasise the viticultural character of the region. In the tasting room you can taste traditional cretan wines, learn their features and talk about the varieties of grapes and the cretan vineyard. Wine Tasting fee is 5 €. (35.215109,25.049664) edit