Hendersonville is a city in Sumner County of the American state of Tennessee. It is a well-known suburb of Nashville, Tennessee and has been the home of many country music stars, including Conway Twitty, Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash.
Hendersonville City Taxi, (615) 822-4244.
- Rock Castle, 139 Rock Castle Lane, +1 615 824-0502, 1. One of the first stone buildings in Tennessee, a 2-story limestone mansion built by the Revolutionary War veteran Daniel Smith. Costumed guides conduct fairly inexpensive tours detailing the history of Daniel Smith and his descendants, as well as the inner workings of the mansion and period-era living conditions. Also available for conferences and luncheons.
Due to its status as the City by The Lake, most recreational activities in Hendersonville are focused on boating, swimming and fishing throughout the lakes and rivers which weave around most of the town. However, a number of excellent golf courses are located within or nearby the city, as well as several local parks.
- Hendersonville Farmers Market (The Ellis Group), Streets of Indian Lake (Exit 7 off of 386), ☎ 615-590-4217, . 9 to noon. Fresh fruits, vegetibles, honey, berries and artists to tempt you. Something for everyone from local famers who come every Saturday to bring you fresh produce. (June,October) edit
- Appplebee's Neighborhood Grill, 230 E Main St., +1 615 822-1455.
- Black Eyed Pea Restaurant, 164 E Main St., +1 615 264-3005.
- Center Point Barbecue, 1212 W Main St., 615-824-9330. The best BBQ in Hendersonville and, indeed, most of the Nashville area. Serves chicken and pork sandwiches, platters, and fantastic ribs. The restaurant itself is full of interesting 20th century memorabilia. Mandatory for any stay in Hendersonville.
- Chili's Grill & Bar, 218 Indian Lake Blvd., +1 615 826-1711.
- Demo's Steak & Spaghetti House, 161 Indian Lake Blvd., +1 615 824-9097.
- Italian Grill & Cafe, 82 New Shackle Island Rd., +1 615 824-5557.
- Shane's Rib Shack, 203 N Anderson Ln., +1 615 264-2597.
- Steamboat Bill's, 248 Sanders Ferry Rd., 615-264-8103, 2. This lakeside restaurant serves Cajun cuisine in an authentic New Orleans atmosphere. Known for being one of the best places to eat in Hendersonville, it serves a wide selection of wonderful meals, and a number of ingredients are imported directly from New Orleans. Prices are a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for.
- Texas Roadhouse, 1039 Glenbrook Way, 1 615 826-4207.
- Sputnik's Inc., 125 Sanders Ferry Rd., 615-822-7500. Standard local bar on the lakefront, decent selection of drinks and regular live performances by local country/indie bands. Has recently undergone major renovations and is now offers a more substantial drink and food selection. One of the only bars in Hendersonville proper so attracts a diverse (and fairly rough) crowd.
- Holiday Inn Express, 615 E Main St., +1 615 824-0022, 3. An hotel located on the north-eastern outskirts of Hendersonville, directly beside Trinity Broadcast Network. There is a small exercise room on the first floor and you receive free admission to the YMCA across the street. A continental breakfast is included in your stay which not only consists of what you normal expect but also hot food items like bacon, scrabbled eggs, sausage, and biscuits with gravy. The normal rooms price between $99 to $114 depending on time of year, and the suites are typically $150. There's free fast access wifi internet throughout the entire hotel, a buisness center, and meeting rooms. There is also always a timeless classic car such as a 69 Chevy Camaro on display in the lobby. The hotel is handicap accessible and has rooms for those who are handicapped. Pets are not allowed and this is a completely non smoking hotel.
- Hyatt Place, 330 E Main St., +1 615 826-4301, 4. This hotel has recently gone through a massive renovation. There are HD plasma televisions in all the rooms, a large exercise facility, and Starbucks coffee included with the free continental breakfast. This is strictly a non-smoking hotel and enforced with a $200 fee to those who smoke in the rooms. Pets are not allowed.
|Routes through Hendersonville
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!