(Redirected from Hell's Gate)
: East Africa
: Hell's Gate National Park
Hell's Gate National Park is in Region of Kenya.
Flora and fauna
Dry (September). Depends on season.
- USD30 entrance fee per person for foreigners
- KES350 entrance fee per car
- KES700 entrance fee per person for (east african) residents
- You can get around by car (recommended).
- You can rent a bicycles at the park entrance or many other places. This is strongly recommended by the Lonely Planet, however, it is not advisable to do it.
- The roads are in bad condition, sometimes consisting of sand, so you will have to get off the bike.
- You won't be able to see all of the park. Although it maybe small it sure is big to explore by bike.
- Another important information: After the park entrance the road is sloping slightly downwards towards the Gorge (main interest). This will be very tedious on the way back. Make sure you are in excellent shape.
- The sun is uncompromising.
- The bikes are usually in pretty bad shape.
- Game (Giraffe, Zebra, Antilopes, etc.)
- Go to the SPA (once it is finished. currently not-Sept 2014)
Bring your own drinks. It get's pretty hot and you cannot buy any drinks inside the park.
Sleep outside the park at Lake Naivashu.
Possible outside the park at Lake Naivashu.
You are free to roam around and are mostly by yourself. This implies a certain responsibility for your own safety. Don't get lost. If you have a 4x4 or a moto cross bike some "roads" can be pretty fun.
Don't get lost. The park is not overcrowded and signs are scarce and maps can be misleading.