Helena is the state capital of Montana, located in the Western Central part of the state.
Interstate 15 runs north and south through Helena's eastern edge. US-12 runs east-west, and is the quickest connection from the Missoula area; US-12/287 leaves Helena to the southeast, towards Townsend and eastbound I-90 and Billings.
Helena Regional Airport (IATA: HLN)  receives scheduled service on Delta/Northwest to Salt Lake City and Minneapolis, United to Denver, and Alaska/Horizon to Seattle, with some flights passing through Great Falls or Billings. The airport is located immediately northeast of the city, roughly three miles from downtown.
- The Great Northern Carousel and Ice Cream Parlour is a must do when visiting the historic town of Helena. A hand carved Carousel was built in 2002 with a wide variety of native Montanan animals. They also feature delicious homemade ice cream with flavors like Missouri River Mud, Frog Mint, and Buffalo Jump.
- Tour the Montana State capital building.
- The Gates of the Mountains of the Missouri River.
- Reeder's Alley historic mining district. edit
- Old Fire Tower. An Old Fire Tower built in 1876. edit
- St Helena Cathedral. edit
- Visit ExplorationWorks a unique, exciting museum of science and culture at the Great Northern Town Center, Downtown Helena. 
- Bill Roberts Municipal Golf Course, 2201 N Benton Ave, ☎ (406) 442-2191, . 18-hole course, open and thriving since 1925. edit
- Hike Mount Helena, a large city park overlooking the city.
- Great Divide Snow Sports, ☎ 406.447.1310, . A ski/snowboard area north of Helena. edit
- Old Fire Tower. Old Fire Tower built in 1876 edit
- Silver Star Steak Company, 833 Great Northern Blvd, ☎ +1 406 495-0677, . 6 categories of main courses. 5 types of steaks with different portion size options. Extensive wine list. edit
- Coney Island, 325 North Last Chance Gulch, ☎ 406-443-9664. Casual dining including their popular hot dogs. edit
- Hap's Bar, 1505 Railroad Ave Helena, Mt 59601. Friendly local bar with interesting people and cheap beer. Get your local color on. edit
- Elk View Bed and Breakfast, 88 Howard Beer Rd, Clancey (12 mi south of the city, along I-15), ☎ +1 406 442-1224, . checkin: 4PM-7PM; checkout: 11AM. A four room guest room lodge built with logs and set on 450 acres that feels like a park. The lodge has three large fireplaces, a hot tub and sauna. The breakfasts are recommended. $100-$125. edit
- Park Plaza Hotel, 22 N Last Chance Gulch, ☎ +1 877 774-3536, . edit
- Walker Creek Retreat, 7871 Clausen Road, ☎ +1 406 449-2552, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: noon. A large, spacious, secluded lodge with four room guest rooms and a fishing pond. Located at the base of MacDonald Pass. $115-$225. (46.569722,-112.259569) edit
- Jorgenson's Inn & Suites, 1714 11th Avenue (between 11th Ave and Prospect Avenue at Lamborn Street (next to Capital Hill Mall)), ☎ 406-442-1770, . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12n. Jorgenson's Inn & Suites is a friendly hotel in the city center. Highlights of the property include free breakfast with every room, a fun bar and casino, an indoor pool, business center and Free Wifi in the main building, free on-site parking, round-trip airport shuttle, laundry facilities, coffee in the lobby, a microwave in the lobby, complimentary newspapers in the lobby and air conditioning in all rooms and public areas. 69.00. edit