Hazyview is a town in South Africa's Mpumalanga province, a few kilometres outside the Kruger National Park.
Follow the N4 from Johannesburg or Mozambique until Nelspruit. From there drive north on the R40 towards Witrivier and Hazyview. If you don't want to drive, take the City Bug bus .
Most attractions are located on the main road (which connects Bosbokrand with Witrivier).
- Gaptours, ☎ +27 (0)82 828-6388 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +27(0)13 737 8179), . Tours and Transfers in and around Hazyview. edit
- Kruger National Park
- Blyde River Canyon
- Pilgrim's Rest
- Gods Window
- The Three Rondavels.
- Tours & Tickets (Big 5 Country Tourism), Rendezvous Tourism Centre;Main Street Hazyview (From the R40, turn left into the Main street Hazyview, at the Rendezvous Tourism Centre Tours & Tickets can be purchased at the colourful hut), ☎ 0137378191, . 24/7. Big 5 country tourism offers a free booking service for accommodation and activities in the Mpumalanga and Limpopo Lowveld, Panorama and Escarpment near the Kruger National Park. Activities from mild to wild include the best specials for Aerial Cable Trail, Elephant Safaris, horse trails, quad biking, river rafting, Kruger Park safaris, Night Safaris, guided Day Tours etc. edit
- Perry's Bridge Reptile Park, Perry's Bridge Tourist Centre (Located in the Perry's Bridge Centre, on the Cnr of the R40 (Hazyview Main Rd) and R536 (Rd to Sabie)), ☎ +27 13 7377680 (email@example.com), . 10 - 5, 7 days a week. Your chance to get up close and personal with some of South Africa and the world's most venomous snakes, as well as large constrictors, crocodilians, lizards, tortoises and frogs. edit
- Balloons Over Africa, ☎ +27 013 737-6950 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +27 013 737-6951), . Hot Air Balloon Flights in the Sabie River Valley edit
- Thompsons Indaba Safaris, ☎ +27 (0)13 737-7115 (email@example.com, fax: +27 (0)13 737-7403), . Half day or full day Safaris to Kruger Park. edit
- Pieter (Hattingh), ☎ 0836036500, . 24/7. Tours and safaris departing Johannesburg or Pretoria via the Panorama Route at no extra charge. (Save on a day trip to the Panorama) when booking a package tour. edit
There are loads of restaurants and 'snack' bars:
- Perry's Bridge Trading Post, Perry's Bridge, ☎ +27 (0)13 737-6664 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Coffee, Pancakes and breakfasts edit
- Digby's, Perry's Bridge, Mani & Sabie Roads, ☎ +27 (0)13 737-6957. edit
- Papas Pizza at Perry's Bridge.
A little further out - all on the Sabie Road between 5 and 20 km from town:
- Ant and Elephant
- Gecko Lodge
- Windmill Wine shop - for lunch
- Hippo Hollow Restaurant (Hippo Hollow Country Estate Restaurant), R40, ☎ +27 (0)13 737 7752, . A la carte restaurant with a superb selection of South African wines. edit
- The Windmill Wineshop - wonderful selection of wine and good food.
- The Brewery (at Perrys Bridge) - a great pub, good food and they brew their own beer
- Stuck in the Mud - a very 'homely' local pub run by a couple from U.K. - No longer exists but is being
replaced by Summerfields Kitchen
Hazyview is probably the hotel 'capital' of The Lowveld. The Sabie Road has dozens of hotels, timeshares and B&B's alone!
- Abangane Guest Lodge, S10 Sabie Road, ☎ +27 (0)13 737-6675 (email@example.com), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 10AM. This prestigious Guest Lodge is situated 1 km outside Hazyview on the Sabie Road, in the heart of Mpumalanga, home of the Kruger National Park. South African and German ownership are a guarantee for international flair, hospitality and professionalism. From R595.00. edit
- Ant and Elephant, (7 kilometers from Hazyview), ☎ +27(0) 13 737-8172 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . From R300pp. edit
- Cambalala guest house - Kruger Park Lodge, ☎ +27 (0)82 330-2370 (email@example.com), . Cambalala guest house is a spacious challet which sleeps up to 8 adults. It has 2 bedrooms downstairs and a spacious loft room upstairs. There are two bathrooms - one with a bath and the other with a shower - and a fully equipped kitchen leading to a comfortable open plan lounge and dining area. Within the resort the Impala (deer) roam free, monkeys play in the trees and the hippos wallow in the hippo dam. R1650 per unit per night. edit
- Dreamfields Guesthouse, 137 Gompou Single, ☎ +27 (0)13 737-7008 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 10:30AM. Dreamfields Guesthouse is situated in a quiet residential area of Hazyview less than 2 km away from the centre of town. The large house with its thatched roof and African style furnishings fits in perfectly with the atmosphere of the region and offers a comfortable lounge, African theme bar, and sparkling pool. The sub-tropical garden with its indigenous trees is a bird watcher’s paradise. R500pp. edit
- Hippo Hollow, (On the R40, next to Perry's Bridge), ☎ +27 (013) 737-7752 (email@example.com), . From R670pp. edit
- Idle & Wild, ☎ +27 (0)13 737-8173,, . A working mango farm on the banks of the lush Sabie River. Here you can soak up the warmth of the African Sun as you relax around the pool or pamper yourself in the Sauna or Jacuzzi. The Lodge offers beautiful self-catering cottages and rondavels with breakfast served, set in a tropical garden with individual fireplaces for a typical braai. In addition to trips to the Kruger or along the Panorama Route, you can also go on horse rides, bycicle tours, golfing or ballooning. From R500 per Unit. edit
- Kwambali Riverside Lodge (firstname.lastname@example.org), R536 Sabie Road, Hazyview (12km from Hazyview on R536 to Sabie), ☎ +27 (0)82 457 5199, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 10:00. Self catering guest lodge located on the banks of the Sabie River in the Sabie River Valley near Hazyview. Close to the Kruger National Park and tourist attractions. Conveniently located for activities on offer in the area, including river-rafting, quad-biking, paintballing, horse trails and hiking trails. Four and six bed cottages from R200 per person sharing. From R200pp. edit
- Rissington Inn, ☎ +27 (0)13 737-7700 (email@example.com), . An affordable, award-winning country lodge. Stylish but relaxed and informal. A la carte restaurant, open 7 days a week. Superb food. Fully licensed bar. 16 individual rooms. Colourful gardens. All rooms have their own bathrooms, ceiling fans, fridges, private entrances, verandahs and breathtaking views. Cheerful, attentive hospitality. Swimming pool and walks down the valley. Spectacular birds and game sightings. From R500pp. edit
- Tatenda Guesthouse, 303 Tarentaal Ave, ☎ +27 (0)013 737-7089 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 10AM. Christel is a pleasant host and happy to arrange take away breakfast to speed up an early departure to the park. From R360 pps. edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!