Havelock North is a town in the Hawkes Bay region on the east coast of New Zealand's North Island.
- Havelock North has a population of about 10,176. It is a 'suburb' of Hastings, but the locals consider themselves separate. It strives to maintain a 'village' feel about the town despite its size.
- A variety of turnoffs from the main highway through Hastings.
- Driving is the best option, although because of its compact nature walking is also an option.
- The views from the top of Te Mata Peak are spectacular, but the road up is poorly marked. Ask any of the friendly 'villagers' how to get up there.
- The half a dozen or so really close winerys.
- A short distance down the Te Mata peak from the car park is a cave that is rumoured to extend for kilometers. People have estimated it ends somewhere underneath Hereworth School. It's slightly difficult to find and would be very dangerous during rain. This should only be for experienced cavers. To find it: Go to the redwoods car park just after the stone gates. Go down the hill to your right (facing away from road) through the trees folling the bottom of the valley. It's about 300m down the hill and you will need to jump a fence. Keep following the gully and you will know you are there when you see a rusted green Ford Escort. Make sure you let someone know where you are going, just in case.
- Havelock North is home to many privately owned upmarket stores and is the "trendy" place to go shopping in Hawkes Bay, besides Napier.
- Jacksons on Jolls bakery offers the best bakery food in town.
- There is plenty of wine. They are especially known for their reds.
- Diva and Loading Ramp are the trendiest places to go clubbing.
- There are a few hotels, but the majority can be found in Hastings
- Havelock North Motor Lodge, 7 Havelock Road (Near the middle of town.), ☎ +64 6 877 8627 (, email@example.com, fax: +64 6 877 8144), . Studios, 1 & 2 Bedroom units, 2 access units. Sky TV, Spa baths, Wireless Internet. Breakfast menu. A member of the Host Accommodation group. Qualmark applied for self contained and serviced. $115 - $190. edit
- Visit nearby Hastings, Clive, Ocean Beach, Waimarama or the gannet colony at Cape Kidnappers near Clifton.