Harar is an ancient city in eastern Ethiopia. Harar (sometimes spelled Harrar or Harer) has a population of about 75,000.
For centuries, Harar has been a major commercial centre, linked by the trade routes with the rest of Ethiopia, the entire Horn of Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, and through its ports to the outside world. The city is part of the famous Ethiopia Eastern Tourism Circuit, that includes Awash National Park, Babile Elephant Sanctuary, Kondudo Mountain with the Gursum Pearl Cave and Prison House of Lij Eyasu. Reasonably priced service providers include Ecotravel Ethiopia ☎ ++251 (0) 911-440-915" 
Harar Jugol has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2006 in recognition of its cultural heritage. It is considered the fourth holiest city of Islam with 82 mosques, three of which date from the 10th century, and 102 shrines.
- Harar is served by Dire Dawa international airport.
The blue and white minibuses and rental vehicles are available.
Have a good registered local guide. Call Amir Redwan, professional tour guide, +251912601956/+251912880635 or email email@example.com
- Abite Belmente +251921251449; email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A mansion that once housed the renowned French poet Arthur Rimbaud. The mansion is now converted to a museum.
- The old town is home to ninety-nine mosques and many more shrines, centred on Feres Magala square.
- Notable buildings include Medhane Alem Cathedral and the sixteenth century Jamia Mosque.
- A long standing tradition of feeding porridge to hyenas one night a year developed in the 1960s into a nightly feeding show for the benefit of tourists. Costs(April 2013) are 50 Birr to the hyena man, 50 Birr extra if you have a camera. You can go without a guide, or get a guide to take you there - usually another 50 Birr.
- Hand crafts are available at the market.
There are very few mid-range accommodations. Dire Dawa has a better selection of hotels and restaurants.
- Abissinia Cafe and Guesthouse, few meters from Harar bus station and walled city. Rooms with shared bathroom from 200 ETB (Jan 2017) in the rear, caffe and restaurant on the street. Working Wi-Fi and CNN. 0913436920
- Tewodros Hotel, from Birr 250 (single, Jan 2017), a friendly place with a regular stream of backpackers. You can watch the hyena from the rooms facing the football field. Has a pub and restaurant. Often fully booked. Nebil, the local guide is trustworthy, reliable and good value. He goes out of his way to ensure your happiness.
- Tourist Hotel, from Birr 140 (single), very noisy (disco-cum-brothel), try to get one of the rooms which are the furthest off the disco area.
- Amir Cultural Harari Guesthouse, Harar, Ethiopia (Argobaberi), ☎ 00251912601956. checkin: anytime; checkout: 12:00. A traditional Harari House founded by famous tourist guide Amir Redwan 25. (3:42,1/314) edit
- Rowda Guesthouse, very traditional guesthouse in the center of the Old Town Jugol, from Birr 400 (single), traditional breakfast included. Local Tour guide available, Aysha (0921872867), she will make your booking and can give a half-day or full-day group (if available) or private tour including: Hyena feeding (100 Birr per person), 5 gates, 3 markets (Falcon feeding at the meat market), local experiences, traditional restaurants, famous tombs and more...