Hanover is a city in Maryland. It is an unincorporated community in the Baltimore/Annapolis area in northwestern Anne Arundel County, Maryland and eastern Howard County, Maryland in the United States, located south of Baltimore on the Howard County line.
- Arundel Mills, 7000 Arundel Mills Cir, ☎ 410-540-5100, . This large, circular, single-story mall adjacent to Maryland Live! Casino is packed with outlet stores. One lap around the loop is approximately a mile and it is therefore popular with those who like to power walk while avoiding unpleasant weather. Parking is quite a challenge on weekends and during the holiday shopping season. If you are staying in an area hotel, it may behoove you to take advantage of your hotel's mall shuttle. edit
- Maryland Live Casino, 7002 Arundel Mills Circle, . Maryland Live! Casino is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Their property includes over 4,200 slots and electronic table games and 189 live table games, and 52 poker tables. Parking for 5,000 vehicles in a secure, multi-level, speed ramp parking garage; self-park (free) and valet. edit
- Eden's Landing, 890 Elkridge Landing Road, ☎ 410-859-8400, . 6AM-11PM. On the lobby level of Holiday Inn BWI. edit
- Phubs, 1350 Dorsey Rd, Suite J (After passing Arundel Mills (on your left), turn right on Dorsey Road. Phubs is located in the strip mall on the left.), ☎ (443) 354-3550, . Open Monday-Saturday. Phubs is a fast casual Vietnamese restaurant. It isn't the most authentic place around, but the food is decent and the servings are generous. $. edit
- Little Spice, 1350 Dorsey Rd, ☎ (410) 859-0100, . Standard tasty Thai fare at a reasonable price. $$. edit
- Maiwand Kabob, 7698 Dorchester Blvd, ☎ (443) 755-0461, . Tucked in a strip mall, Maiwand Kabob serves authentic Afghan cuisine in a casual setting. $$. edit
- DuClaw Brewing Co., 7000 Arundel Mills Cir, Hanover, MD 21076, ☎ (410) 799-1166, . Excellent locally brewed beers. People go here for the beer, not the food. $$. edit
- Ramada Hanover BWI Airport, 7253 Parkway Drive, +1 410-712-4300, .
- Holiday Inn BWI Airport, 890 Elkridge Landing Road, ☎ 410-859-8400, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 11AM. 24 hour business center, outdoor pool, 24 hour fitness center, free Wifi internet, meeting space. edit
Despite what advertisements for its retail district might lead one to believe, the Hanover area has experienced a consistent uptick in crime since the Arundel Mills Mall opened in 2000. The addition of certain bus routes from crime-ridden areas in DC and Baltimore, as well as the opening of the Maryland Live Casino, has caused a moderate and noticeable lack of safety in the area. On weekends, unruly and reckless groups of teenagers roam the mall. You must also be vigilant to avoid intoxicated people who are leaving the casino and, unfortunately, getting in their vehicles to drive home.
If you are planning on spending time at the mall, especially after dark, be aware of your surroundings. Do not walk through the mall parking lot alone, especially if you are female. Visitors and residents of Hanover have fallen victim to shootings, muggings, assaults, as well as petty crimes. The area surrounding the mall is no better. Exercise caution in badly-lit areas, as opportunistic criminals are common in Hanover.
When traveling by vehicle in the Hanover area, it is important to remain alert as people who work in the area office parks are often, notoriously aggressive drivers. In addition to those who are on their way to or from work, be mindful of BWI Airport shuttle drivers who are known to make erratic lane changes without acknowledging others on the road.
In the event of any emergency, call 911 for police or medical assistance.