Hancock is a town in the far western part of Washington County, Maryland, United States.
Hancock is located in the narrowest part of Maryland at only two miles wide, along with Interstate 70, Interstate 68, US Route 522, and MD Route 144. It is located at the eastern terminus of Interstate 68 near the highway cut-through of Sideling Hill.
- From Hagerstown and points east, take Interstate 70 West.
- From Cumberland and points west, take Interstate 68 East to its eastern terminus.
- From Breezewood and points north, take Interstate 70 East.
The County Commuter has the rare shuttle stop in town from Hagerstown, but otherwise car is the only reasonable means of transportation.
- Sideling Hill, nearby along Interstate 68 to the west.
- Fort Frederick State Park, Revolutionary War restored fort in nearby Big Pool.
- Hancock Antique Mall, 266 North Pennsylvania Avenue, ☎ (301) 678-5959, . edit
- Pizza Hut
- Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery
- Hagerstown, Washington County's largest city, county seat, and commercial center.
- Cumberland, city in neighboring Allegany County.