Hagfors is a city in Värmland in Sweden, located ca 100km north of Karlstad.
The community (including the rural areas around Hagfors) is spreading over 1833sqm and has a population of ca 13000.
Hagfors has a beautiful nature with lot of water and plenty of forest. The landscape is characterized by larger and smaller lakes with rolling hills around.
Iron industry has been and still is important for Hagfors.
Tourism is growing and many activities are offered for visitors.
Besides the general travel information presented in Värmland site, there are flight from Stockholm to Hagfors and Torsby [].
Hagfors is connected via the bike road Klarälvsbanan [] to Karlstad.
In Hagfors, all sites can be walked to.
Travel by bus [] to touristic destinations requires most often foot walks (and a map) since destinations are a bit further away from the main roads.
The most easy way of travel is by car.
- Klarhälja [] is a festival which is arranged annually in beginning of July. It presents many traditional handicrafts as they were performed for 100 years ago. It takes place on a homestead museum, so that many types of old houses are displayed at the same time.
- Moose safaris are arranged by several organizers.
- Industrial museums are in Stjärnfors kvarn[] and Hamra vadmalsstamp []
- Hiking in beautiful landscape.
- Swimming in lakes and rivers, or in Swimming hall in Hagfors
- Fishing: You need to buy a fishing license.
- Horse-back riding
- Bicycle rents available
- Paddling: Several places rent kayaks and canoes.
- Rent a draisine and go back and forth between Stjärnfors to Hagfors
- Build a raft and use it for travel in Klarälven.
- Husky-tour and Moose safaris []
- Skiing, good opportunities for both cross-country and downhill skiing -if there is snow...
- Gustafssons skafferi in Höje [] is a traditional store which offers ecological products and ecological bread fresh from the oven.
- Stjärnfors Smedja [] is offering candle holders of iron, among other things
- Touristoffice in Hagfors []
- Wildmark Värmland []
- LEWA []
- Lakene Gård []