Gruyères is a city in Switzerland.
Gruyères is the old capital of the district of Gruyère in the canton of Fribourg in Switzerland the actual capital of the district is Bulle. Its German name is Greyerz. This medieval town is an important tourist location in the upper valley of the Saane river, and gives its name to the well-known Gruyère cheese.
From Lausanne, Vevey, Fribourg you have to follow the highway until you reach Bulle and then follow the road to Gruyeres.
You can find easily trains connections to Bulle from Bern Fribourg and Romont. From Bulle you can jump in a narrow rails train leaving you in Gruyères in front of the cheese factory.
To reach the medieval city, you have several options :
• A bus going there a few times a day
• A touristic train bringing you to the city for CHF 5
• You can walk 10mn up the hill by pedestrian path
From Montreux platform 5 take the goldenpass train till Montbovon. From there take the local train. Get down at the Gruyères gere station. The cheese factory  is just outside the station. If you have the swiss pass then you don't have to pay for the trains and for entry to the cheese factory.
- La Maison du Gruyère. A cheese factory where Gruyere cheese is made. adult 9.50 CHF.
- HR Giger Museum Here are famous works by the HR Giger, known for his design of the antagonists in the Alien and Species films. It is open every day except Mondays.
- HR Giger Bar A bar stylized as a museum. Don't forget to sit in the awesome chairs!
- Maison Cailler Cailler chocolate factory in the neighboor village of Broc. Bring a bottle of water with you if you want to taste all chocolates! adult price = 10 CHF
You will be able to eat a cheese fondue made of Gruyère and Vacherin in every restaurants of Gruyeres. Gruyeres is also famous for its double cream which is served with meringues or berries.
- Maison Cailler, . Chocolate factory owned by Nestle