Grosse Pointe is an area in Wayne County in the state of Michigan located Northeast of Detroit right on Lake St. Clair. It includes the cities of Grosse Pointe City, Grosse Pointe Park, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Shores, and Grosse Pointe Woods. It is known for being an affluent commuter suburb for local businessmen.
Fly in through Detroit’s airport- North Terminal services Air Canada, American Airlines, Frontier, Jet Blue, Lufthansa, Royal Jordanian, Southwest, Spirit Airlines, United and US Airways while Macnamara Terminal services Delta and Air France. There is no running taxi service unless prior reservations are made.
Airport Shuttle Services are available by reservation. $59.00 One Way to Detroit Metropolitan Airport in Romulus, Mich. Contact Detroit Airport Shuttle and Taxi at (313)759-7741.
Call in advance for taxis: Bodart Transportation (248)880-9481; Ask for Richard Taxi Service (586)372-9629; Grosse Pointe Coach (313) 885-1800.
There is a Ride Smart Bus System that comes out of Detroit into the surrounding communities which drives through Grosse Pointe 
Many people in the area drive, walk, bike, rollerblade, skateboard, etc to their desired location (weather permitting).
- Country Club of Detroit 220 Country Club Dr., Grosse Pointe. Founded in 1897.
- Crescent Sail Yacht Club 276 Lakeshore Road Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236 (313) 885-7575.
- Edsel & Eleanor Ford House, 1100 Lakeshore Dr., Grosse Pointe, . Public tours. This tour is highly recommended for first time visitors. There are many exhibits throughout the year on the grounds of the historical Ford Family's home.
- Grosse Pointe War Memorial, (Russell Alger Mansion), 32 Lake Shore Dr., Grosse Pointe Farms,. Public tours.
- If you are a local, for visiting a local, head to their park. Each Grosse Pointe has a personal park with a swimming pool and many other activities- some include a movie theatre, tennis courts, workout room, boat marina, splash pad, volleyball court, etc…
- Check out the Village and the Hill. Both are located on Kercheval within blocks from each other. The Village is comprised of the Kercheval blocks between Cadieux and Neff Street, while the Hill is comprised of the long block of Kercheval between McMillan Road and Hall Place. They both are mini downtown areas with many boutique shops and restaurants. Many people go to the Village or the Hill to meet up with friends or with family to just appreciate the location and relaxing ambiance.
- Grosse Pointe Yacht Club - Private CLub for members only. 788 Lake Shore RoadGrosse Pointe Shores, MI 48236, +1 313 884-2500 
- Drive the town and look at all of the architecture of the homes and buildings. Due to the large amount of money and wealth in the town, every lawn is perfectly manicured and beautiful to look at. Make sure to visit Grosse Pointe South High School, which was modeled after Independence Hall in Philadelphia, PA. Also, make sure you drive Lakeshore Road. With the Lake St. Clair on one side and beautiful mansions on the other, Lakeshore is a picturesque backdrop that no Grosse Pointer takes for granted. If you come during the holiday season, the mansions are all dressed to impress with thousands of lights and decorations.
- The Village, downtown Grosse Pointe  Kercheval between Cadieux and Neff, Grosse Pointe.
- The Village and Hill, as mentioned before, have many different restaurants from Starbucks to a local Venice themed pastry store, Morning Glory. Also for lunch, there is a wide variety of restaurants from Panera to The Village Grille- American style food. For dinner, the prices start to go up but so does the quality of food. Many nice fine restaurants are located in Grosse Pointe like The Hill and City Kitchen.
Not too far is downtown Detroit which has a wide variety of restaurants too. Many locals go downtown or over the boarder to Windsor for dinner to get a different scene. Make sure to pack your passport!
- Morning Glory - Coffee, Pastries, specialty drinks and small lunch items -  85 Kercheval Ave., Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236 +1 313 647-0298.
- The Hill - Seafood and Chop House -  123 Kercheval Ave., Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236 +1 313 886-8101. Fine dining.
- Village Grille' -  16930 Kercheval Street Grosse Pte Park,, Grosse Pointe, MI 48230 +1 313 882-4555
- City Kitchen  16844 Kercheval Ave, Grosse Pointe, MI 48230 +1 313 882-6667.
There are no places to stay in Grosse Pointe. Although, there are a few hotels in the near by area.
- The Inn On Ferry Street 84 East Ferry Street Detroit, MI 28202 +1 313 871-6000
- Motor City Casino 2901 Grande River Ave. Detroit, MI 48201 +1 313 237-7711
- MGM Grand Detroit 1777 3rd St. Detroit, MI 48226