Greenbelt is a city in Prince George's County, Maryland. It was established in 1937 as a co-operative community by Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt as a part of the New Deal program.
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (IATA: BWI) is 25 minutes north on the B-W Parkway
- Washington Reagan National Airport (IATA: DCA) is 30 minutes west via the B-W Parkway (but through Washington, D.C.).
Ground transportation is available via The Airport Shuttle  or DCAcar 
Metro rail trains run to the Greenbelt Station on the Green Line. MTA's MARC commuter trains between Baltimore and Washington, D.C. stop in Greenbelt on the Camden line.  MARC Camden line trains also stop at BWI Airport.
Metrobus service to Greenbelt is available from the metro station. University of Maryland shuttle buses serve Greenbelt.
- NASA/Goddard Visitor Center, Explorer Drive, Greenbelt, (Off Route 193), ☎ 301-286-9041 (email@example.com, fax: 301-286-1781), . 9AM-5PM, Tu-F, noon-4PM Sa, Su. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day. NASA's premier center for unmanned scientific space exploration is the Goddard Space Flight Center. It's small Visitor Center features many exhibits to excite tomorrow's inter-planetary researchers. The Visitor Center is accessible from ICESat Rd., not from the Center's main gate. Free. edit
- The Greenbelt Museum - Small, but unique museum that chronicles the city's birth as a Roosevelt "New Deal" planned community. 
- Greenbelt Park is an oasis of forest on the inside of the Capital Beltway at the B-W Parkway. The park entrance is at 6565 Greenbelt Road. Operated by the National Park Service, Greenbelt Park is one of the best camping opportunities near Washington, though it is also excellent for picnics, bicycling, roller blading, and nature walks. No park admission fee, $16+ fee to camp. 
- Buddy Attick Lake is a small park operated by the city of Greenbelt, on Crescent Road at Kenilworth Ave. Picnic, canoe or boat on the small lake, or hike the trail that circles the small, man-made lake.
- Prince Georges County Trap and Skeet Center, 10400 Good Luck Road, Glen Dale (East on Greenbelt Road, about 1 mile past NASA, turn left on Good Luck Road. The Shooting Center is on your left.), ☎ 301-577-7178, . F-M 10AM-5PM, Tu-Th 10AM-8:30PM. Offers a full-range of shotgun sports activities, including Sporting Clays, competitive league shooting, and introductory and advanced lessons. Operated by the Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission. edit
- Old Greenbelt Theatre, 129 Centerway, ☎ (301) 329-2034, . Historic single-screen movie theater (dating back to the 1930s) specializing in independent, award-nominated, historic, and cult classic films. edit
- Beltway Plaza Mall, 6000 Greenbelt Road, . Shopping mall with several ethnic and specialty stores. Includes a Giant grocery store and a Target. edit
- Roosevelt Center, Centerway. Old shopping center containing the Co-Op grocery store, bakery, barbershop, nail salon, mini mart, and more. edit
- Chef's Secret, 5810 Greenbelt Road. A local favorite known for its innovative Thai cuisine.
- Three Brothers Pizza, 6160 Greenbelt Road. If you had an Italian mama from New York coming to visit, this is the pizza she'd want!
- Osaka Restaurant, 8855 Greenbelt Road, ☎ (301) 552-1442. This is a tasty, reasonably-priced sushi restaurant in a Greenbelt shopping center. edit
- Orion Gourmet, 8837 Greenbelt Road, ☎ (301) 552-4600, . The best sandwich shop in the greater DC area. edit
- Generous Joe's Deli, 107 Centerway, ☎ (301) 474-4999, . Great for a quick bite of pizza, sub sandwich, or cheesesteak. Also a local hangout spot. edit
- Jaspers, 7401 Greenbelt Rd. (In Greenway Center at the B-W Parkway), ☎ 301-441-8030, . Popular happy-hour and weekend evening spot features occasional live music. edit
- New Deal Cafe, 113 Centerway, ☎ (301) 474-5642, . A cafe and bar featuring regular live music. Other hosted events include open mic nights, pub trivia, karaoke, and poetry readings. edit
- Greenbelt Marriott, 6400 Ivy Lane, ☎ (301) 441-3700 (fax: 301-441-3995), . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 12PM. Newly renovated rooms. edit
- Hilton Garden Inn, 7810 Walker Drive (Off Greenbelt Rd. near Greenbelt Park and Capitol Cadillac), ☎ 301-474-7400, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Modern, mid-range business-oriented hotel. 155 rooms, 6 stories. edit
- Holiday Inn Greenbelt, 7200 Hanover Dr. (Behind the Greenway Center, off Greenbelt Rd. near B-W Parkway), ☎ 301-982-7000, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: noon. Modern full-service hotel built in the early 1980s. Popular choice for NASA contractors. 7 stories, 125 rooms. edit
- Courtyard Greenbelt, 6301 Golden Triangle Drive, ☎ 301-441-3311, . Located near the University of Maryland and provides easy access to the College Park, MD area's top attractions, including FedEx Field and NASA Space and Flight Center. (38.997552,-76.896503) edit
- Residence Inn by Marriott – Greenbelt, 6320 Golden Triangle Drive, ☎ 301-982-1600, . edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!