Grande Prairie is a city in Northern Alberta.
Daily flights to Grande Prairie are available from Calgary and Edmonton on both Air Canada Jazz and Westjet. Charter airline Sunwest Aviation also offers flights to Edson and Peace River. Unfortunately Grande Prairie's regional airport is not connected to the city by transfer and can only be reached by taxi.
Grande Prairie is also serviced by daily Greyhound buses from Edmonton and Dawson Creek, British Columbia. Connections are the two aforementioned depots can be made to other destinations across Canada and the United States.
- As of 2011 Greyhound Canada has suspended service to communities in northern Alberta (Peace River, High Level) and the Northwest Territories (Hay River) **
Once within the city, Grande Prairie Transit offers a small bus network that serves most parts of the municipality. The bus system consists of five routes. These routes run on a 30 minute basis during peak hours and hourly the remainder of the day. Weekends see reduced service, as do all statutory holidays. In addition to primary routes the city offers the non-profit, independent DTS (Disabled Transportation Society), which has specialized transport services for individuals with disabilities.
The City is most easily managed by rental car.
- Dunvegan. Alberta's largest suspension bridge overlooks this historic park, located 96km north of Grande Prairie on Hwy 2. edit
- Muskoseepi Park. Located in the core of the city, surrounding the Bear Creek Reservior, Muskoseepi Park offers 1100 acres of parkland. Walking trails, manicured fields, and group use facilities, are perfect for a family outing or an escape from the city. edit
- Grande Prairie Regional College, 10726-106 Avenue, ☎ 1-888-539-4772, . Grande Prairie Campus is located in a beautiful brick building designed my Douglas J. Cardinal without corners inside or out. Nice walking trail behind the College circles the Bear Creek Reservoir and connects to a 7km paved biking trail that follows Bear Creek to the Southeast. free. edit
- Prairie Mall, . As the largest mall in the Peace region, the Prairie Mall is home to over 80 stores, restaurants, and other services. The mall is anchored by Target, Marks Work Wearhouse, and Shoppers Drug Mart, and also is home to Coles, RW&Co, Le Chateau, Sterling Shoes, HMV, M-Five, Aeropostale, Children's Place, Bootlegger, Ricki's, Landmark Cinemas, David's Tea, Boathouse, and Moxies Class Grill. edit
- Downtown, 100 Avenue Westbound, . As a growing municipality Grande Prairie has managed to fight back the big box store pull with a unique, active downtown district. This area is home to 500 stores and services, and is seen by citizens as the heart of the community. 100 Ave is lined with many independent retailers, such as Soular, Victoria's Attic, Dark Flavour Board Shop, and Fashionista. In addition downtown is home to urban decor stores, countless restaurants, and several lounges. edit
- Maddhatters, 105085-100 Ave, . Opened in 2001, Maddhatters affords Grande Prairie with a little diversity in its nightclub scene.. Serving as a lounge and as a club, Maddhatters has continuously been atop the night scene in Grande Prairie. edit
- Spurs Cookhouse and Dance Hall, 11920-100 Street, ☎ (780) 831-7320, . Thursday, Friday, & Saturday. Doors open at 9pm.. The largest nightclub in Grande Prairie and definitely one of the most popular. Live music venues. edit
- Pomeroy Inn & Suites, 11710 102 Street, ☎ 780-831-2999, . Hypno opulence beds, deluxe continental breakfast, indoor pool with water slide, fitness center, meeting fascility, kitchenette suites, extended stay, pet friendly (55.186529,-118.801306) edit
- Redwood Inn & Suites, 8117 99 Street, ☎ 780-357-1916, . Grande Prairie Hotels. Redwood Inn and Suites is situated north of downtown Grande Prairie, Alberta, easily accessible off Highway 2. edit
|Routes through Grande Prairie|
|Dawson Creek ←||N S/SE||→ Fox Creek → Spruce Grove|
|END ←||S N/E/SE||→ Peace River → Edmonton|
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|