Grand Manan is a beautiful island, made up of several small fishing
communities. The population swells significantly in the summer, but one
can easily find privacy. While New Brunswick is a bilingual province,
the residents of Grand Manan are almost exclusively English speakers.
There is regular Car-ferry service from Blacks Harbor, NB. There is no fee for the trip to Grand Manan, however you must pay for your return trip. Prices and an up-to-date schedule can be found on their website.
- Long Eddy Point Lighthouse (The Whistle), (Northern end of the island. Follow Whistle Road from the road's start at Tattons Corner, to its end at the Whistle.). edit
- Swallowtail Light, (Northeast end of island and closest to the ferry. From ferry turn right at stop sign off Ferry Wharf Road onto Pettes Cove Road, left onto Old Airport Road, right onto Lighthouse Lane. Follow until lighthouse is in view.). edit
- A Chalet in Pardise, 1094 Route 776, ☎ 506 662-3273 ([email protected]), . B&B located in Grand Harbour, halfway down the island. edit
- Castalia Marsh Retreat, 11 Bancroft Point Road, ☎ 506 662-8997 ([email protected]), . edit
- Hole in the Wall Campground, (turn right and follow the Old Airport Road), ☎ 1-866-662-4489, . Campground has numerous tent and RV sites, two cabins, and two rental houses. edit