|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
Goregaon is a city in the Raigad district of Maharashtra.
Goregaon is an educational center from years to the peripheral area. Situated near to the river Kal , Goregaon is well resourceful with Water, Electricity, Education, Culture, Nature and many more.
The original name was "Ghodegaon" , the combination of Ghode (Horses) and Gaon (Village), which was main Horse trading centre in the rule of Chatrapati Shivaji.There is nearby village named "Ghodeghoom" at 10km distance on steep hilltop.The warriors used to purchase horse from Goregaon (Ghodegaon) market after trial round at Ghodeghoom.There are three lakes in the village made to cater the water supply for the horse market.
Sarpanch : Pravin Ramesh goregaonkar
Upsarpanch : Rajendra Madhukar More
Gramsevak : Amit Sudhakar Tapkire
By Air :
Nearest airport is Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Sahar, Mumbai which is 153 Km from Goregaon.
By Train: Goregaon Road Railway Station, Kokan Railway. Which is 1 Km away from the town. The mumbai suburban rail network has connections with goregaon
Maharashtra State Transport Buses are available from various locations in Mumbai. Following are few buses. Other way is catch bus which goes to Mahad and further on Mumbai Goa Highway No. 17. Ask for "Lonere" stop. Get down at Lonere and catch Rikshaw / share auto to Goregaon , which is 3 Km from this place. Share Auto takes 7 Rs per passenger.
- Dr B A Techonolgical University (BATU), Lonere, Goregaon (From Mumbai-Goa Highway 1 Km), ☎ 02140 - 275 101, . Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University is one and only one of its kinds in the State. The University is located at Lonere, the place in the ranges of Western Ghat, at the foot of Raigad fort, the place from where Chhatrapati Shivaji administered his major activities. It is autonomous in nature and Unitary in its character. It is established in the year 1989 by the Government of Maharashtra. Although relatively young, the University is making its mark in the field of research and technological services through its dedicated faculty and disciplined students. edit
- Panhalghar Fort, Mulgaon, Panhalghar (From Mumbai-Goa Highway 4 Km towards panhalghar village). Panhalghar fort is one of the fort from King Shivaji era.You will have to climb the fort.The water tanks are still visible on the top of the fort. edit
- The Mallikarjun Temple, (1 Km north side on the hill). Temple of Mallikarjun or Siddhesvar is said to have been built about 800 years ago. The shrine is said to be self-originated or Svayambhu. Situated on the top of the hill, bounding the village to the north, it is 413 feet in height. The Ganapati temple has a building which though unimposing is only of its kind in India, for the fact that the shrine has its upper half of the body of a male and the lower half that of a female. Existence of sricakra marks another distinguishing feature of this temple. To visit this temple you will have to climb 400 steps on the northen side hill of Goregaon.You will also enjoy the brethtaking,panoromic view of the town and Kal River from theis hill top. edit
- The vithoba Temple, (500 m from Bus stop). The temple of Vithoba is 200 years old and has fine specimens of sculpture and carving on the pillars. edit
- Kaal River. Enjoy the beautiful view of Kaal river. edit
- Bheema Devi Peeth, Falani/Shirke Tamhani (From Goregaon 13 Km). Bheema Devi Peeth is the latest addition in the tourist spot around Goregaon. It has spectacular stone temple of Goddess Bhima with beautiful surrounding of 42 acres. You will have breathtaking view of Goregaon periphery.To reach the temple drive down to Purar Phata, take Ambet road, when you reach at the top of Ambet ghat, turn right towards Khamgaon/Shirke tamhane road,after 2 km drive on right is the temple complex. edit
PanchMukh Gayatri Temple: One of the few towns in Maharashtra to have Goddess Gayatri with 5 face
Kalbhairav Gramdevta: This is the in the heart of Goregaon town. This temple holds an annual Fair(Goregaon Jatra as locals call it). People gather as far as Mangaon and Mahad to attend this fair. As a custom each village brings a laath( A heavy tree trunk) with much fun and fare(with dance and music) and place it near the temple.
- Balabhai Shop. Get the Nachani and Pohe (pressed rice flakes)at the rockbottom rates and speciality of the place. edit
- Wayade Chana Shop, Shriwardhan Road. Try Chana nd ground nuts fresh and hot.If you lucky and it is Friday get Masala Chana here. edit
- Hujare Fruit Mart, Navi Bazar Peth, (Opp. Old Visava Hotel). Get all types of Fresh Fruits & Vegetables. edit
- Vijay Poha Factory, Goregaon-Raigad. Here you can get fresh Poha directly from factory. edit
- Hotel sanman, Dr Ambedkar Chauk (300 m from Bus stop), ☎ 09767984027. 10AM to 12PM. Favourate joint of local and travellers for Nonveg food,beer and liquor.Try fish fry of kingfish. edit
- Veena Restarent, Shriwardhan Road. Only veg meals and snacks.Also takes party orders. edit
- Santosh Shelar Hotel, Bazar Peth. Famous local snacks joint.Try Chiwada,khaja and special tea.,try the femous and special dishes Vada-Pav And Kurma Puri.... edit
- Ashapuri Hotel, Main Bazar (next to Grampanchayat). Quick,hot wadapav and bread pattice. edit
- ST Canteen, Bus stop. 24 Hrs. Available for service for 24 hrs. edit
- Bus stop Roadside counters. Try tasty Wadapav,Dabeli,Panipuri and Icecream at dirt cheap rate. edit
- Pansare Home made food [ pure veg mess], mahadev complex (Shrivardhan Road), ☎ 9403028466. 10.00am - 9.00pm. Make sure to contact them before your visit, so that they can serve you on time. Rs. 75 per plate. edit
- VASU Snacks, shashi plaza, oppo. N.M joshi vidyabhavan. all the breakfast foodstuff, pavbhaji,vadapav,misal,uttapa,dosa. edit
- Khalil Juice Centre. A coldrink hawker on goregaon shriwardhan road. edit
- Hotel Visawa, Lonere-Shriwardhan Road. Food and liquor available. edit
BATU Guest House (Anandvan), which is 4 Km from Goregaon
The University has got a guest house located nearly in the center of the University campus.
VIP Suits - 02 Nos.
A.C. Suits - 03 Nos.
Ordinary Suits - 17 Nos. (Two Seated)
The Rental charges are as follows :
Rs.75/- per occupant per day to the Guardians of the Students, Teachers and Staff members of the other Universities and educational institutions.
Rs.125/- per occupant per day to others who would be coming for the personal reasons.
Private Lodges:1.Hotel Visawa,Main Bazar Peth,Goregaon 2.Hotel Maharaja, Mumbai-Goa Road, Lonere 3.Hotel Vinay, Mumbai-Goa Road,Lonere, 14 Square Goregaon West
1.Goregaon Police Station 02140-250299
2.Superintendent of Police, Raigad (Alibag) 02141-222093. Control Room- 222100
3.Block Development Officer, Mangaon 02140-263002
4.Block Development Officer, Mangaon 02140-263002
5.C.J.J.D., Mangaon 02140-263470
6.Chief Executive Officer,ZP, Raigad 02141-222024,222045,222076
7.Tahasildar, Mangaon 02140-262632,263049
8.District Collector Raigad 02141-222001,222002,222025
By Bus: Maharashtra State Transport Buses are available from Goregaon and Lonere.