Glen Burnie, along with its neighbor Linthicum, has a population of about 45,000 in Central Maryland, just south of Baltimore, and home to BWI Airport.
BWI (Baltimore-Washington Thurgood Marshall International Airport) IATA: BWI, ☎ +1 410 859-7111, . is Baltimore's main airport and one of the three major airports for Washington, D.C., and is just west of Glen Burnie. Parking rates for 24 hours: $22/hourly garage, $12/daily garage, $10/Express lot, $8/Long term lot.
Glen Burnie and Linthicum are surrounded by all the major highways in the area—I-95, I-895, and MD-295 (Baltimore-Washington Parkway) are all just west, MD-100 is south, I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) is north, and MD-10 (Arundel Expwy) is east. I-195 cuts east through the three western highways and leads directly to BWI.
The Marc Train Penn Line  stops at BWI on its route between D.C.'s Union Station and Baltimore's Penn Station, but only on weekdays. Baltimore's Light Rail  (which also goes to Penn Station) has five stops in the area, including its southern termini at BWI and Cromwell/Glen Burnie. Amtrak  has three lines stopping at BWI: Acela Express, Northeast Regional, and Vermonter, connecting BWI to Baltimore, D.C., and most all points northeast.
The most important bus route leading to/from BWI is the B30 Metrobus , which connects the airport with the Greenbelt station on the Washington, D.C. Metro's Green Line.
MTA  also runs numerous bus routes around the area, including the no. 17  which connects Linthicum with BWI Airport and Arundel Mills Mall and the no. 14  which runs thru Glen Burnie connecting Baltimore with Annapolis.
- BWI Trail, . This is a popular walking and biking trail which encircles the entire airport. There is also a viewing area where you can watch planes take off and land. edit
- Baltimore & Annapolis Trail, . A popular paved walking and biking trail that runs 13 miles from Glen Burnie all the way to Annapolis. The Baltimore & Annapolis Trail follows the route of the former Baltimore & Annapolis Railroad from which it derives its name. edit
- Marley Station Mall, 7900 Ritchie Highway (Rte. 2, just north of Rte. 100), ☎ (410) 766-2033, . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-6PM. Lots of national chains such as Macy's, JCPenney, Sears, Bath & Body Works, and even a movie theater. It's a mall; knock yourself out. edit
- Ann’s Dari Creme, 7918 Ritchie Hwy, ☎ (410) 761-1231. A local Glen Burnie landmark that has been around since the 1940's serving chili dogs, cheesesteaks, and shakes. Cash Only edit
- Anne Arundel Seafood, 230 Mountain Rd, ☎ (410) 255-3344, . A popular seafood takeout restaurant in the area. edit
- Bill Bateman’s Bistro, 805 Aquahart Rd, ☎ 410-760-5535, . Sports bar known for their steaks, burgers, and wings. They also show Raven's and Orioles games on TV, and online ordering is also available. edit
- Honey Bee Diner, 7346 Ritchie Hwy, ☎ 410-761-0477, . Diner that is open 24/7. edit
- Perchi's, 103 N. Crain Hwy, ☎ 410-787-0052, . Peruvian take out restaurant known for their rotisserie chicken. They also serve other Peruvian specialties such as Lomo Saltado and Papa Rellenas. edit
- Tijuana Tacos VI, 7703 Quarterfield Rd, ☎ 410-766-0925, . One of the most authentic Mexican restaurants in the area. edit
- G & M Restaurant & Carry Out, 804 N Hammonds Ferry Rd, ☎ (410) 636-1777, . Seafood restaurant known for their large Maryland style crabcakes. edit
- Stoney Creek Inn, 8238 Ft Smallwood Rd, ☎ (410) 439-3123, . Seafood restaurant that was featured on Guy Fieri's Diners, Dives, and Drive In's. edit
- Mutiny Pirate Bar (Mutiny), 1653 Marley Avenue, Glen Burnie, MD 21060, ☎ 410-787-2050, . Sun: 11am - 10pm | Mon - Tue: 4pm - 10pm | Wed - Thur: 4pm- 11pm | Fri: 3:30pm - 12am | Sat: 12pm - 12am. A hidden neighborhood bar in a waterside marina on Point Pleasant, in Glen Burnie, Maryland edit
|Routes through Glen Burnie
wikipedia:Glen Burnie, Maryland