Gnjilane is a city in eastern Kosovo.
There are buses leaving from Pristina to Gnjilane every 20 minutes for about 2 euros one way, from Ferizaj/Uroševac there are bus connections about every 30 minutes. One can travel from Bujanovac to Gnjilane by bus though but the schedules can be unrealiable.
Church of Saint Nicholas.
- Saint Nicholas Orthodox Church is located in the city centre. It was built in 1861 on the foundations of an older church building, and has been renovated many times since. It houses a nice collection of icons and church items. Entrance is free.
Bell Tower at Draganac Monastery.
- Draganac Monastery is located about 10 kilometers north of the city, and there is very little or no public transportation in that direction. The monastery was founded in the XIV century, deserted and destroyed during Ottoman rule, and reestablished in 1869. It is dedicated to holy Archangel Gabriel. There is a spring of water with reputed healing powers in the monastery. Entrance is free. A guesthouse for visitors is slated to be completed in May 2015 and visitors are welcome to attend services at the monastery which are held daily from at 6 am and 7 pm respectively. Visitors are also encouraged to have dinner with the monks and other parishioners after evening services.
When visiting the Monastery note that while not strictly expected it is considered traditional to bring the monks juice, honey, or vegetable oil though some other foodstuffs from your home country will be greatly appreciated as well. These supplies are used to feed other visitors. If attending services do keep in mind that modest clothing is recommended, covered legs and shoulders are expected of both genders.
- Vali Ranch, Fshat Perlepnice, Gjilan, . Vali Ranch is situated in a picturesque village outside Gjilan. Here you can take carriage rides and horse riding lessons. There are also some other animals along with a childrens playground. If you just want something to eat there a few restaurants. Well worth a day out. Views are fantastic
- Stari Draganac, (a short walk from Draganac Monastery, just ask one of the monks to walk with you). Stari Draganac is a mostly abandoned village close to Draganac Monastery. The village contains some excellent of examples of traditional farmhouses from the region all set behind some spectacular view of the nearby mountain ranges. The Monastery is in the process of purchasing the land in order to preserve the village's structures
- Tribeca Cafe, Gjinollet 23 (Behind the minimall, Downtown). A cozy nice little cafe downtown, with a beautiful garden. Hands down the nicest latte I've tasted in years.
- Hotel Kristal, Sheshi Regjel Mala & Nuhi Berisha, Gilan, Kosove 60000 (Opposite the Police station in the centre of the city), ☎ +381(0)280 320 466, .