Georgetown, CT is a small town located in Fairfield County, Connecticut. It is surrounded by Redding, Wilton and Ridgefield; all of which share it as a border. Since it is so small, residents consider them natives to which ever larger town they are near. Georgetown
- Georgetown, CT has a total population of 1650 people, there are 572 households within Georgetown. The racial make up is made up of 90.62% White, 1.33% African-American, .24% Native American, 3.39% Asian, 3.39% Latin. The median income for a household in Georgetown, CT is $103,424.
- Georgetown, CT is a total of 2.85 square miles
- First settlers between 1721-1756
- The only school in Georgetown, CT is Sacred Heart CCD, but the local high school is Wilton High School which is very close nearby town.
- Historic Georgetown, Main Street. edit The central portion of Georgetown is listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places as the Georgetown Historic District. The historic district covers 90 acres (360,000 m2). This area includes the Gilbert and Bennett manufacturing plant. The plant is currently under construction to turn it into a section of Georgetown. The historic district also includes portions Georgetown in the towns of Redding and Wilton.
Places To Eat
- Little Pub, (59 Ethan Allen Highway, Ridgefield), ☎ (203) 554-9222, . Little Pub is located on the Ridgefield side of Georgetown. It is an upscale bar and restaurant. $$$. edit
- La Piazza, (37 Ethan Allen Highway, Ridgefield), ☎ (203) 544-1212, . It is located across from the Branchville Metro North Station on Route 7. La Piazza is an upscale pizzeria and bar. The menu has a variety of items ranging from pizza to burgers. $$. edit
- The Sand Wedge, (1 Ethan Allen Highway, Redding), ☎ (203) 544-8074, . It is located on the Redding side of Georgetown. Phenomenal all-around deli. Sandwiches to try include the "Balboa," the "Marvin" and the "Old Number 7". $$. edit
- Lumberyard Pub, (2 Main Street, West Redding), ☎ (203) 544-7287, . The Lumberyard Pub is a family run pub nestled on the corner of Main Street. It offers 12 different beers on tap as well as a large choice of burgers and sliders. $$. edit
- Olive Market, (19 Main Street, West Redding), ☎ (203) 544-8134, . The Olive Market is South American Bistro, serving everything from Fondue to Tapas $$. edit
- Toozypatza Pizza, 991 Danbury Road, Wilton, ☎ (203) 544-9500, . Toozypatza Pizza is a pizzeria providing live jazz music 3 times a week. The menu ranges from pizza to wraps and sandwiches and more. A standout option on the menu is the Penne Al Vodka Pizza. $. edit
- Rancho Alegre Mexican Restaurant, (6 Main Street, West Redding), ☎ (203) 544-9464, . Rancho is a Mexican restaurant which offers a nice environment to go to whether you are looking for a full meal or just some drinks. $$. edit
- Bistro 7, (991 Danbury Road, Wilton), ☎ (203) 587-1287, . Bistro 7 is known as a "farm-to-table-restaurant." All the of their dishes are handmade from scratch using locally grown ingredients. edit
- Thali, (296 Ethan Allen Highway, Ridgefield), ☎ (203) 894-1080, . Thali is an Indian restaurant, it is regionally known for have extremely good food. $$. edit
- Blondie's at Heibecks, (951 Danbury Road, Wilton), ☎ (203) 293-4783, . Sitting conveniently on the side of Route 7, Blondie's is known for its burgers and milkshakes. It provides a nice back patio with many places to enjoy your food on a sunny day. $. edit
- Country Diner, (199 Ethan Allen Highway), ☎ (203) 431-3561, . Located on the side of Route 7, the Country Diner is a good stop for breakfast or lunch. $. edit
Multiple movies have been filmed within the town of Georgetown, they include "Rachel, Rachel" (1968), "Other People's Money" (1991), "Reckless" (1995).
|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.