Garrison  is a town of 1,318 population in McLean County, in the central area of North Dakota.
From Interstate 94 in Bismarck, take US 83 north about 70 miles, then west on ND 37/1804 approximately 3 miles.
From US 2 or 52 in Minot, take US 83 south about 40 miles, then west on ND 37/1804.
- Souris Basin Transportation, phone 463-2600, offers departures to Minot every first Monday of the month, and departures to Bismarck every third Monday of the month. Call before 4PM Central Time the day before.
- New Town Bus Lines, phone 852-2477, provides service between Minot and Bismarck every day except Wednesdays and Saturdays. The bus will not stop in Garrison without prior reservations.
- Amtrak  serves Minot with its Empire Builder line.
- The Dakota, Missouri Valley, and Western Railroad  provides freight rail service on a line between Max and Bismarck.
- Garrison Municipal Airport, phone 337-9499. Operated by the city of Garrison for civil aviation.
- Minot International Airport in Minot is served by Delta Air Lines .
- Bismarck Municipal Airport in Bismarck is served by Delta, United , and Allegiant Air .
- Souris Basin Transportation, phone 463-7360, offers local dial-a-ride service. Call before 4PM Central Time the day before.
- Fishing Hall of Fame, City Park, Garrison. Displays of fishing memorabilia and tributes to ND fishermen. Open Monday to Friday 1:00-6:00PM and weekends 11:00AM to 5:00PM. Tel: (701) 463-2843.
- Camp Atchison State Historic Site, marks the location of the 1863 Sibley Expedition camp that was garrisoned by 1,000 soldiers.
- Fort Stevenson State Park, on the north shore of Lake Sakakawea. Named for a late 1800s frontier fort that served as a supply depot for Dakota Territory’s military posts. It is a favorite spot for fishing walleye on the lake. Excellent facilities for boating will find excellent facilities within the park, including concessions, boat rentals, storage and slip rentals. Canoe and kayak rentals. 438 acres, modern and primitive camping, comfort station, campsite reservations, sewage dump station, playground, marina, boat ramp, fishing boat rentals, camp store, fish-cleaning station, swimming, restaurant, picnic shelter, hiking and Guardhouse Interpretive Center, camping cabins. Tel: (701) 337-5576. .
- Fort Stevenson Guardhouse 3 miles south of Garrison on County Road 15, Garrison. An interpretive center depicts frontier military and American Indian history of the fort. Open year-round: 10:00AM to 5:00PM, except weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day when it stays open until 9:00PM.
- Garrison Dam and Power Plant 30 miles southwest along ND 200. 20-minute narrative tour on the operative and functions of the dam, power plant and outlet works along with electric distributions of power. Open Memorial to Day-Labor Day, tours hourly noon-4 p.m. Tel: (701) 654-7441. 
- Heritage Park Museum 1 block west of Main Street on First Avenue Northwest, Garrison. Early railroad depot, two homestead houses, a log cabin, early schoolhouse, church and the original telephone office. Three picnic shelters and restroom facilities. Open Memorial Day to Labor day on Fridays 11:00AM to 4:00PM, and by appointment. Tel: (701) 463-2519.
- McLean County Ag Show Garrison High School Gymnasium, Garrison. Agricultural tradeshow with exhibitors, demonstrations, speakers and concessions. Sponsored by Garrison FFA chapter. Tel: (701) 463-2818. Toll-Free: (800) 799-4242
- North Dakota Governor’s Cup Walleye Fishing Derby is held annually at Fort Stevenson State Park.
- Biking: annual CANDISC 420 mile bicycle tour in early August. Fort Stevenson State Park serves as the staging area for the event. Bike the Enchanted Highway  featuring large outdoor metal sculptures. Explore the Lewis and Clark trail. Tel: (701) 337-5576. Toll-Free: (800) 799-4242. 
- Cross-country ski trails at Fort Stevenson State Park.
- Snowmobiling at Fort Stevenson State Park.
- Camping at Douglas Bay Recreation Area, 11 miles west, 8 miles south of Garrison. Primitive campsites with picnic table and grill, restroom vault, boat ramp, courtesy dock, drinking water. Tel: (701) 654-7411. . Primitive camping also available at Steinke Bay, located 3 miles east, 2 miles south of Garrison. Tel: (701) 462-8541.
- RV: Stoney Hill RV Park, Hwy 37 E, across from Garrison Golf Course and 4 miles from Lake Sakakawea. 22 RV full hook ups, sewer, water, electric, bathhouse, showers. Tel: (701) 337-2193. Toll-free: (800) 337-6509. Sportsmen's Centennial Park Campground, located 5 miles east, 3 miles south, 1 mile west of Garrison. Open May 1-October 31. Provides 105 RV sites, 18 electric, showers, toilets, swim, bait and tackle, concessions, fish-cleaning station, boat ramp, picnic shelters, multi-purpose room for meetings
Tel: (701) 337-5377 
- Garrison Municipal Golf Course, Tel: (701) 337-5420
- Chase Pharmacy. Tel: (701) 463-2242
- Fezziwig's Candy. Tel: (701) 463-2980
- Flowers 'N Things. Tel: (701) 463-2003
- Garrison General Store. Tel: (701) 463-2671
- Sakakawea Gift Gallery. Tel: (701) 463-2697
- S&J Hardware. Tel: (701) 463-2712
- Super Valu Grocery. Tel: (701) 463-221
- This That 'N More. Tel: (701) 463-2671
- Four Seasons Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor . Tel(701) 463-2044
- Garrison Bay Express . Tel(701) 463-2966
- Hot Stuff Pizza . Tel(701) 463-2119
- Lake Road Restaurant, Hwy. 37, Garrison. Tel(701) 463-2569
- Stoney End Supper Club & Lounge, Hwy. 37, Garrison. Tel(701) 337-5590. 
- Ye Olde Malt Shoppe, Main Street, Garrison . Tel(701) 463-2322. 
- Goose Nest Lounge & Bottle Shop. Tel(701) 463-2782
- Gordy's Bar & Bottle Shop. Tel(701) 463-2586
- Stoney End Restaurant & Lounge. Tel(701) 337-5590
- The Office Lounge. Tel(701) 463-2540
- Totten Trail Lounge. Tel(701) 337-5513
- Garrison Motel, Hwy 37 E, Garrison. Tel: (701) 463-2858. 
- Lake Wood Motel, 401 4th St SE., Garrison. Tel: (701)463-8404
- Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast 101 E Central Ave., Garrison. 3 story Victorian home in the center of ND, Home cooked breakfast. Tel: (701) 463-2465
- Indian Hills Resort & Campground, 7302 14th St. NW. Located 35 miles west of Garrison on Highway 1804. Two-bedroom units with kitchenettes, log camping cabins, RV and primitive camping. Families and groups of 8-10 people can also stay at the Arrowhead Lodge. 1.25-mile single track interpretive Lewis and Clark trail. Open May 15 thru October 25. Shower, sewer, bait, tackle, boat ramp, guide service, fish cleaning station, concessions, 50 RV sites with electrical hook-ups, and primitive camping. Tel: (701) 743-4122.  or 
- Tammy's Prairie Pines Bed and Breakfast, 2888 27th ST NW, Max, ND. Farmhouse bed and breakfast, hunting lodging, special events. Tel: (701) 679-2112 or (701) 679-2227.