Gandhinagar is the capital city of the Indian state of Gujarat. Often hailed as the greenest capital in India, it is fast emerging as a desirable destination for real estate for the Gujaratis, with neighbouring Ahmedabad spilling over.
Essentially, located in a green farm belt, it houses major Gujarat Government organisations and administrative buildings, along with famous educational institutes like the Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), National Institute of Design, National Institute of Fashion Technology and the Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology.
Gandhinagar is just 30 km from Ahmedabad. Nearest railway station is Kalupur, Ahmedabad while the nearest airport is at Ahmedabad. Buses ply quite frequently to Gandhinagar.
To move about locally in Sectors ,CNG Auto-Rickshaws are available. [GUJARAT STATE ROAD TRANSPORT CORPORATION(GSRTC)] buses provides service to transport anywhere in the state & nearest states. You also have VTCOS Busses that let you travel within the city. Its main point is at Depo(Pathika). Gandhinagar is connected to Surat,Mumbai & Navi Mumbai through NH-8A. Connected to Ahmedabad through NH-8C and Vadodara through Express Highway & NH-8A in Southern Portion. Connected to Udaipur,jaipur,Gurgaon & New Delhi through NH-8A in Northern portion. Gandhinagar Connects All Towns,Cities & Major cities including Rajkot & other cities in Saurashtra , Bhuj in kachhh , Anand , Bharuch , Navsari , Valsad , Vapi , Diu , Mehsana , patan & other cities of North-Gujarat Portion by State Highways.
Capital Railway Station is Recently Developed by [Capital project Devision & Gandhinagar Road & Building Department]. There are Few Trains Regularly Available to move in country. Jaipur-Bandra Garib Rath , Haridwar mail for Delhi and Haridwar and Shanti express for Indore. The Indian Railways transports are Available for Moving in Northern india & Eastern india From Kalol Railway Station.
The nearest airport Sardar Patel International Airport provides Domestic and International flights.
Here are the main places to visit in Gandhinagar. 1)Akhshardham Temple The temple has pink stones with beautiful carvings. Surrounded by beautiful gardens and awesome fountains. Recently they have springs up the first-of-its-kind laser water show in the world, which is must to see.
2) Trimandir-Simandhar City, Adalaj. It is a great non-sectarian temple and superb architectural place. It is it is best place to visit with family & friends contains a museum,gardens & play areas for children. It has been internationally became famous & it is worldly headquater of spiritual activities of Dada Bhagwan Parivar. 3) Capital Complex Vithalbhai Patel Bhavan, a magnificent domed building
4) Children's Park An attraction for children and holiday, makers of the Children's Park in Sector 28 has a mini train and a lake with boating facilities.
5) Sarita Udyan In sector 9 and along the river front is the lovely Sarita Udyan, an ideal spot for picnickers. The entire area is being developed to provide full recreational facilities.
6) DeerPark - Near Sarita Udyan, at Indroda village, nice place to visit for both children and adults.
7) Architecture Stuff - Adalaj Stepwell is 15 kms away from Gandhinagar in the National Highway. It is famous for its unique architecture.
Gandhinagar is also famous for its Akshardham Temple of Lord Shri Swaminarayan. The temple has some beautiful gardens and first of its kind of Laser Water Fountain Show.
Gandhinagar has range of hotels from budget hotels to Deluxe hotels.
1. Hotel Haveli, Plot 235, Sector 11, Gandhinagar, Gandhinagar 2. Infocity Club Resort, Gandhinagar 3. Hotel Isher International, Block C, Swagat Rainforest Complex, Opp. City Pulse Multiplex, Airport - Gandhinagar Road, Gandhinagar