Gandhidham being a satellite township of the bustling Kandla port is well connected by Air, Rail and Road. Nearby Airport is Bhuj which is 56 kms.By rail its connected by multiple trains coming in at the Gandhidham Railway Station and the NH 8A connects Gandhidham with Delhi, Mumbai and other major cities in India.
Being a port city, Gandhidham is totally commercial one and there are hardly any places for tourists.
Another place worth visit is - Gandhi Samadhi. The only second place where last remains of Mahatma Gandhi is kept and over that a memorial is built.
- Kandla Port. One can take permit from Port officials to visit one of the biggest port of India. edit
- Gandhi Samadhi [Memorial]. The only second place where last remains of Mahatma Gandhi is kept and over that a memorial is built. edit
- Jesal-Toral Samadhi, Anjar. At nearby town named Anjar, you can visit this legendary temple famous amongst locals. edit
- Kutchi Handicrafts and Garments, Kutchh Kala circle. There is a nice bunch of shops where one can buy Handicrafts and garments made specially at nearby villages. edit
- Milk Sweets, Main Market. Kutch is famous for its milk. And there are plenty of Milk sweet shops in the city. Khavda sweets is one of them. You can buy delicious sweets for your family. edit
- Dabeli. This food item is very famous around the area. Have it from any food shop or even small time food corner. Its tasty and worth it. edit
- South Indian Food at Chawla Cafe, Chawla Circle, (Near Railway Station). The oldest restaurant in the city. It serves fabulous south Indian dishes and snacks. Must visit for a foodie. edit
- 34Q, Near Oslo Circle. Multi-cuisine restaurant with nice tasty food. moderate. edit
- Shiv Regency. Gujarati Thali edit
- The Shiv Regency, 360, WARD 12/B, ☎ +91-2836-237712. edit
State Transport Gandhidham Bus depot : +91 2836 220198
You can visit further places while getting out from the city. Mandvi - a serene beach is 74 kms away. While district headquarter Bhuj is at 54 kms. In North-East direction, you can visit Dholavira - a centuries old city excavated from ruins. A Harappan civilization museum is there too.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|