Frankston is a city in Victoria, Australia.
Frankston is a town 40km from Melbourne on the edge of Port Phillip Bay often referred to as the "Gateway to the Mornington Peninsula". Frankston is where the electric train line terminates. If you are a backpacker heading to the Mornington Peninsula, French Island or Phillip Island chances are your going to go through Frankston. It has a beautiful beach, many restaurants, bars and shops.
Frankston is home to several festivals;
- Frankston Waterfront Festival in January.
- Ventana Fiesta, a Latin American, Portuguese and Spanish festival in March.
- Pets' Day Out in October.
- Frankston's Christmas Festival of Lights in late November.
A Sand Sculpting display runs from December to April.
- 781 bus from Mt Martha via Mt Eliza, Mornington. 
- 782 bus from Flinders via Coolart Road, Hastings. 
- 783 bus from Hastings via Coolart Road. 
- 782/783 combined from Hastings/Flinders via Coolart Road. 
- 788 bus from Portsea via Dromana, Rosebud, Sorrento. 
- 901 bus from Tullamarine airport. 
- Frankston and Peninsula Airport Shuttle - a much faster more expensive option than the 901 bus. 
- George Pentland Botanic Gardens, Williams Street, Frankston. November to March 7am-9pm April to October 7am-6pm. edit
- McClelland Gallery & Sculpture Park, 360 - 390 McClelland Drive, Langwarrin, ☎ +61 3 9789 1671 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Tuesday to Sunday 10am-5pm Closed on Mondays and some Public Holidays. edit
Frankston Waterfront Reserve
- Cycling, . There are several bicycle paths around Frankston, the longest follows the train line from Frankston to Baxter edit
- Frankston Reservoir. edit
- Langwarrin Flora and Fauna Reserve, . edit
- Paratea Flora and Fauna Reserve, . edit
- The Pines Flora and Fauna Reserve, . edit
- Lower Sweet Water Creek Reserve, . edit
- Upper Sweet Water Creek Reserve, . edit
- Seaford Skate Park, 50R Railway Parade, Seaford. edit
- Seaford BMX Racing Track, Old Wells Road, Seaford. edit
- Seaford Farmers Market, Station Street, Seaford (adjacent to the Seaford Community Centre). The third Sunday of each month from 8:00am to 1:00pm. Fresh produce. edit
- Frankston Sunday Market, Young Street, Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9462 1520, . Sundays 8:00am to 1:00pm. Art and craft, plants, second hand goods, jam donuts. Entry $1.00. edit
- Sofia, Frankston Pier, Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9781 3334, . edit
- Waves On The Beach, 2/1N Long Island Drive, Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9770 0000, . 7 Days, 11am till late. edit
- B'Artiste, 2/12 Young St, Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9783 8883, . edit
- Davey's Bar, 510 Nepean Hwy Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9783 7255, . Sun-Thu: noon-10pm Fri-Sat: noon-5am. edit
- Flanagans, 508 Nepean Highway, Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9783 9800. edit
- Glacier Nightclub, 480 Nepean Highway, Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9770 6000. edit
- Grand Hotel, 499 Nepean Highway, Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9783 7388. edit
- Ha'penny Bridge, Cnr Thompson and Wells Street, Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9770 0055, . edit
- Pint & Pickle Tavern, 448A Nepean Highway, Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9770 2880. edit
- Robin Hood Tavern, 506 Nepean Highway, Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9770 2055. edit
- Shakespeare's Tavern, 101 Young Street, Frankston, ☎ +61 3 9781 2266 (email@example.com). Lunch & Dinner 7 days a week. Live Music Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun nights. Artwork from local artists on display. edit
- Strike Bowling Bar, Wells St, Frankston, ☎ 1300 787 453, . 10am-late. Ten Pin Bowling. Thursday's Drink 2 Bowl deal offers a free game with any drink purchased. edit
- TwentyFirst Century, ☎ +61 3 9783 7311. edit
- BIG4 Frankston Holiday Park, 2 Robinsons Road, Frankston (Cnr Frankston-Flinders & Robinsons Rds), ☎ +61 3 5971 2333, . Camp site for two adults $33 - $39. edit
Frankston station serves as a transit hub for bus and train services.
- Flinders, . Bus 782 Frankston - Flinders via Coolart Road, Hastings. edit
- Mount Martha, . Take the 781 bus to Mount Martha via Mt Eliza and Mornington. edit
- Portsea, . Take the 788 bus to Portsea via Dromana, Rosebud and Sorrento. edit