Fort Augustus is in the Highlands of Scotland.
Fort Augustus is at the foot of Loch Ness and is on the path of the Great Glen Way, it is situated midway between Fort William and Inverness.
If you are travelling by public transport then you will probably come by bus from either Inverness or Fort William as there is no train service to Fort Augustus. The buses which operate in Fort Augustus are run by Citylink.
The best way to enjoy Fort Augustus is to walk, the town is mainly focused around the canal and there are walks available out with the town.
The only public transport available is by bus and you can catch the bus from outside the tourist information centre.
Cruise Loch Ness - One of the most popular attractions in Fort Augustus, this boat ride last for around 1hr and takes you half way up Loch Ness. You get information on the history and local mythology and you have a chance to try and spot Nessie via the onboard sonar technology.
Most of the bars in town also sell food and their prices and menus are similar, The Bothy and Lock Inn are the main places to eat in the centre of town. Other places to visit include
The Boat House, Newly opened and probably your best bet for fine dining situated overlooking Loch Ness on the grounds of the 300 year old St.Benedict's Abbey.
Scots Kitchen A short walk from the canal will get you here and you will find some nice home cooked uncomplicated food. The perfect place for a spot of lunch.
There are plenty of pubs throughout Fort Augustus, including the following.
Lock Inn - Also serves food, has a nice log fire for a cosy feeling on a winters night
Bothy - Has an extensive range of whiskies.
Caledonian Hotel - Located just up the hill from the main town centre, it has a small friendly bar with some of the best prices in town.
- Auchterawe Country House , Auchterawe, Fort Augustus, Inverness-shire, Scotland PH32 4BY UK. 3 rooms B&B. Rates variable as per season. Telephone: +44 1320 366228 email@example.com.
- The Bank House, Station Road, Fort Augustus, Inverness-shire, Scotland PH32 4BY UK. Rooms with views of Loch Ness and Caledonian Canal, all en-suite. Telephone: +44 1320 366755. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website .
- Caledonian Hotel , by Loch Ness, Fort Augustus, Inverness-shire, Scotland PH32 4BQ UK. Only a few minutes walk from Loch Ness, there are special three night rates which include dinner and breakfast available. Telephone: +44 1320 366256, email@example.com.
- Caledonian House, Station Road, Fort Augustus, Inverness-shire, Scotland PH32 4BQ UK. B&B. Telephone: +44 1320 366236. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.Rates variable as per season. Website .
- Lovat Arms Hotel, Fort Augustus, Inverness-shire, Scotland, PH32 4DU. 25 rooms. £ 40-150. Telephone: 0845 450 1100. Fax: +44 1320 366677. Website 
- Morag's Lodge , Bunioch Brae, Fort Augustus, Inverness-Shire. Telephone: +44 1320 366289, email@example.com. Dorm rooms from £17 and tiwn/doubles from £21. Set on the banks of Loch Ness in an idyllic location, with self catering kitchen, cosy bar and bike hire.
- Crianlarich Cottage, ☎ +44 1320 366304, . Three bedroom cottage located in the village. Sleeps six. Rented by the week with occasional daily bookings when available in high season. Parking for three vehicles. Secure parking for motorbikes. From £200 per week. edit
- Aonach Mor at The Highland Club, St Benedict's Abbey, Loch Ness, PH32 4BJ (Historic Abbey in Fort Augustus), ☎ +44 1320 340371, . checkin: Any day 4pm; checkout: 10am. 40 apartments and cottages in a Historic Abbey, sleeping 1 - 8 people. Swimming pool and other facilities. Rates variable depending on season and apartment. See website. Enquires firstname.lastname@example.org edit