Foligno (pronounced Foleenio) is a city in central Umbria in Italy.
Foligno is an important rail center and one of the most industrialized towns of Umbria. It was subjected to severe Allied bombing in World War II, which destroyed many buildings and explains its relatively modern appearance. It is one of the very few Umbrian cities that is not a hill town, being built on a plain first drained during Roman times.
Facade of Foligno cathedral
The First Edition of Dante’s Divine Comedy, which was also the first printed book in Italian, was printed in Foligno in 1472.
Foligno is a station on the main line from Rome to Ancona, and is the junction for trains to Perugia. Coming from the north of Italy it can be reached on train via Florence and Perugia.
By car from Rome, take the A1 Autostrada to Orte and then follow the SS 675 to Terni, Spoleto and Foligno. From the north, leave the A1 at Sinalunga, follow the direction of Perugia and then signs to Foligno.
- Palazzo Comunale. The Town Hall was built in the 13th century and rebuilt various times. The bell tower is still the original from the 13th century.
- Palazzo Orfini, next door to the Town Hall, is where Emiliano Orfini opened his printing shop around 1470. Dante's Divine Comedy was printed here by a former pupil of Gutenberg.
- Cathedral of San Feliciano is a Romanesque building although the interior has been completely changed since it was built, not necessarily for the better.
- Church of S. Maria Infra Portas, which is the oldest church in Foligno.
- Trinci Palace, which houses an archaeological museum, the city's picture gallery, a multimedia museum of Tournaments and Jousts and the Civic Museum. Piazza della Repubblica. Tuesdays to Sundays, 9 - 13 and 15 – 19. Closed Mondays. Euros 6.00. 
Pork, Pork and more Pork
- Residence Menotre, Via del Bosco, Rasiglia (18 km from Foligno, direction Colfiorito), ☎ +393351264096 (email@example.com), . checkin: 4 p.m.; checkout: 10 a.m.. Three self-catering apartments in an ancient stone tower situated in the small village of Rasiglia. Hand-weaving demonstrations, olive oil tastings. € 300 per week. edit
Foligno is close to major tourist destinations such as Spoleto, Assisi and Perugia.