Flåm  is a village in Sogn og Fjordane county, at the innermost point of an arm of the Sognefjord. Flåm is among the busiest cruiseports in Norway. This article also deals with the neighbouring village of Aurland, located approx. 10 km (6 mi) away.
There is a small airport in Sogndal. The closest airport with international flights is Bergen airport.
Flåm is on the European route 16, and could be reached along this from Bergen in 2 hr 45 min. Driving from Oslo would require 5 hr 30 min. Flåm can be reached from Geilo in Buskerud on route 50. In summer this is also the quickest connection from Oslo. In winter, the route 50 can be closed due to bad weather conditions.
Seven daily departures from Bergen. Seven daily departures from Sogndal and Lærdal.
A catamaran route links Flåm with Bergen and other villages along the Sognefjord. This is a great way to see the fjord. Departures once daily between 1 May and 30 September.
The famous Flåm Railway (Flåmsbana)  from Myrdal, a station on the main Oslo-Bergen line, is in itself a major tourist attraction. Many travellers continue onwards with a scenic cruise through the fjord itself to Gudvangen, from where you can catch a bus back to the mainline. This roundtrip is known as Norway in a nutshell. 
Walking is a good option since Flåm is a small village. Bus, car or cycle are the options between Flåm and Aurland.
- Boattours. Boattours on the fjord from Flåm to Gudvangen. Breathtaking view of the high mountains. edit
- Flåmsbana (Flåm railway), ☎ +47 57632100 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +47 57632350), . This railway climbs from sealevel to 866 m (2841 ft) in 20 km (12 mi), making it the third steepest normal railroad in the world. View of high mountains and waterfalls. Single ticket: Adults: kr 280 Children: kr 140, 30% discount for holder of eurail and interrail passes. Return ticket: Adults: kr 380 Children kr 280. edit
- Flåmsbanamuseet (Flåm railway museum), ☎ +47 57632310 (fax: +47 57632311), . 1 May-30 Sep: 9AM-5PM, 1 Oct-30 Apr: 1.30PM-3PM. Museum telling about the railroad and how it was constructed. Free. edit
- Flåm Panorama, Flåm, ☎ +47 47462727 (email@example.com, fax: +47 63836147), . 11AM-7PM. 180 degree suround cinema. Showing a film about Flåm. edit
- Galleri Vinjum, Aurland, ☎ +47 57632975 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +47 57632901). 9AM-3PM. Art gallery showing the painting of Johannes Vinjum, who was inspired by the fjord landscape. edit
- Hiking in Aurlandsdalen valley. Different marked route. One great option is using the bus from Aurland to Østerbø and walk back. You will walk between high mountains and waterfalls. On the way you will pass abandoned, but preserved old farms. You will wonder how the farmers could make a living here. edit
- Njord, ☎ +47 97194511/ +47 91326628 (email@example.com), . Two hour tours start, 1 Jun-15 Sep: 11AM, 2PM and 5PM. Kayaking in the fjord. Tours lasting from two hours to three days. Two hour tour: kr 370. edit
- Cycling the Rallarvegen, ☎ 7 32 08 75 64, . Taking the scenic train from Flam up to Myrdal and beyond, you may rent a cycle at particular train stops and cycle back down to Flam leaving your rental at the station there. edit
Goat milk cheese, geitost from Undredal is considered a delicacy. Norwegian goat milk cheese differs from the greek feta cheese. There are several types, but the most common one has a sweet taste.
- Furukroa, (Between the railwaystation and the harbour), ☎ +47 57632050 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +47 57632051), . edit
- Toget Café, ☎ +47 57632155 (fax: +47 57632329). Eateries in two old railroad cars. edit
- ÆgirBryggeri , craft brewery in a beautiful building
- Flåm Hotell, Flåm, ☎ +47 57632200. edit
- Flåm Marina & Appartement, Flåm, ☎ +47 57633555 (fax: +47 57633544). edit
- Flåmsbrygga Hotell, ☎ +47 57632050 (email@example.com, fax: +47 57632051), . A newly opened hotel (2008). All rooms have a balcony and fjord view. The hotel has a modern design, making use of Norwegian pine, driftwood, natural stone and glas. edit
Aurland, seen from the Snow Road.
- The mountain road to Lærdal. This road reach an altitude of 1306 m (4285 ft). It is named the Snow Road because snow is piled up beside it, several metres high, in summer. From the top of the serpentine road from Aurland there is an awesome view over Aurland, and the fjord.
- Catch the train to Finse, and cycle back on Rallarvegen (Navvies Road). This road was used under the construction of the railway. You will pass over mountain passes, before cycling down the steep valley to Flåm. The distance is 55 km (34 mi), the trip takes about five to eight hours. Bicycles are available for hire in Flåm or Finse for 250 NOK.
- Undredal is inhabitated by 100 people and 500 goats. Undredal is a small beatiful village. There you will also find Undredal stave church, built in 1147. It only seats 40 people, it is therefore Norways smallest church. Undredal is 16 km (10 mi) from Flåm. With car follow E16 towards Gudvangen, turn right after the first tunnel. Undredal is also accessible by the boat between Flåm and Gudvangen.