Fayetteville is in the Ozarks and the Ozarks Region of Arkansas.
It is home for the main campus of the University of Arkansas.
- Fayetteville Municipal Airport, 4500 South School Avenue. Airport Administration: +1 479 718-7642, FBO Desk: +1 479 718-7641, Fax: +1 479 718-7646, . Drake Field/Fayetteville Municipal Airport (FYV) is owned and operated by the City of Fayetteville. Drake Field is a general aviation facility serving the needs of private, corporate, and chartered flights.
- Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport, One Airport Blvd. Suite 100, Bentonville, Arkansas, +1 479 205-1000, Fax: +1 479 205-1001, . The Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport provides commercial flights from a variety of carriers. The proximity of this airport allows it to serve many cities in Northwest Arkansas.
For passenger service, the nearest Amtrak  stops are on the Texas Eagle line in Little Rock, Arkansas, or the Heartland Flyer in Oklahoma City.
Interstate 49 is the main highway coming from Fort Smith and traveling north into Missouri. Many state highways exist for more scenic entrance (namely US 71), but I-49 is the fastest route from the north or south. If coming from Tulsa, US Highway 412 is the best bet.
- Greyhound Bus Lines, 1041 South School Avenue Highway 71B, . Main: +1 479 442-6265, Greyhound Package Express: +1 479 442-6265, Greyhound Charter: 1-800-454-2487, Hours Of Operation (Please call to verify hours before making travel arrangements), M-F 7:30AM-1:30PM, 2:30PM-5:30PM, Sa 7:30AM-1:30PM, Su-Closed, Holidays-Closed.
- Jefferson Lines (1-800-451-5333)  has a depot at 3075 Wedington Drive and offers intercity service heading north and south along I-49.
- Green Cab Co, +1 479 966-4111.
- C & H Taxi Service, 3570 W 6th St., +1 479 521-1900.
- Dynasty Taxi, 2950 West Old Farmington Road, +1 479 521-8294.
- Arkansas Limousine Services Limited, +1 479, +1 872-6600.
- College Town Limo, Fayetteville, Arkansas +1 479, +1 236-0587.
- Coach House Limousines, 1155 W. 6th St, +1 479 445-4661.
- Dynasty Limousines, 612 North College Avenue, +1 479 443-5466, +1 479 521-6724.
- Four Star Limousine Service, +1 479 444-8797, .
- Jones Transportation Services, Inc., 1617 North Ramsey Avenue, +1 479 443-6646.
- Special Occasions, 612 North College Avenue, +1 479 521-6724.
- CTS Executive Transportation, 2943 Coachlite Ln, Springdale Arkansas, +1 479 841-9813
- Razorback Transit  +1 479 575-RIDE (7433), provides free bus service to University of Arkansas and the surrounding area.
- Ozark Regional Transit  +1 479 756-5901, provides bus service throughout the Northwest Arkansas urban area.
- Devil's Den State Park, 11333 West Arkansas Highway 74, West Fork, +1 479 761-3325, 1-800-264-2417, GPS: 35° 46.7’ 46.7” N / 94° 15’ 1.3” W, . Enjoy hiking, backpacking and mountain bike trails that lead to backcountry areas of Devil's Den State Park and the surrounding Ozark National Forest. Sixteen fully-equipped cabins featuring kitchens and fireplaces are available throughout the year. The wood-burning fireplaces are available for use from mid-September thru mid-May. A park cafe and swimming pool (both open in summer only) overlook the lake. Groceries, gifts and snacks can be purchased at the park store. Also in the park are 144 campsites, a group camp, standard pavilion, and mountain bike trails.
- Mt. Sequoyah Conference and Retreat Center, 150 NW Skyline Dr. An amazing view of all of Fayetteville.
- The Statue of Liberty In front of Washington Regional Medical Center. A spectacular replica of the of the original Statue of Liberty in New York City.
- The University of Arkansas The main campus of the University of Arkansas, home of the Razorbacks, is located at the west end of Dickson Street. "Track Capital of the World" and renowned center of SEC sports, the campus is situated atop one of the many hills in the town. Check out the many stadiums (football, baseball, track, gymnastics, basketball, soccer, etc.) and the many, varied academic buildings on campus. "Old Main" is the feature, the oldest and first building. It is situated in the 'arboretum' - which features one or more of every tree found in Arkansas. Also the Arkansas Union has a coffee shop and a movie theater, and Mullins library has free internet access, just ask the circulation desk.
- Fayetteville Public Library Voted best library in the country several times.
- The Confederate Cemetery Northeast of Fayetteville, east of the UofA campus. Located at the junction of Rock and Willow Streets. Started in 1872 by the Southern Memorial Association of Washington County, which paid to have the remains of Confederate casualties at Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove, as well as from less-storied combats, removed and reinterred in what remains a picturesque and moving site.
- The Fayetteville National Cemetery Located at 700 Government Avenue (north off Dickson Street). See: .
- Headquarters House Museum Located at 118 E. Dickson, built in 1853 the house served as headquarters for both Confederate and Federal troops at various times during the civil war. The Battle of Fayetteville was fought on the grounds and across the street on April 18, 1863. Open Tuesday - Thursday from 1pm until 4 pm - Guided tours available - Admission Charged - Group tours by appointment - Battle of Fayetteville reenactment/Ice cream social third Saturday in August.
- Clinton House Museum, 930 S California Blvd, ☎ (479) 444-0066, . The house that Bill and Hillary lived in while they taught at the University of Arkansas. It has been turned into a small museum, including a gift shop and a short tour. $5 adults, $1 kids. edit
- Dickson Street Visit this high-energy 'bar row' home to various bars, nightclubs, and eateries. Specialty stops and jaw-dropping jewelry stores will catch your eye as you traverse up and down the area.
- Farmers Market Seasonal. Located on "the Fayetteville Square", local farmers, growers, and others feature regional specialities on Saturday mornings.
- Arkansas Razorback sporting events Home to the Razorbacks, Fayetteville has a sporting event nearly every weekend during the academic year. Sporting schedules can be found on . Men's and women's athletics are nationally competitive, fun to watch, and are usually reasonably priced. Make sure to wear red! Parking on campus can be tight for football or basketball, but not impossible, and certainly attainable for all other sports, including first-class track events, gymnastics, baseball, and more.
- Bikes, Blues, and BBQ Festival Annual event held [mostly] on Dickson Street. Parades, music, shows, and more. Event website: 
- One Twelve Drive In Theater One of only 3 drive-in theaters left in Arkansas. Single screen showing double features weekends only (Fri-Sun) and on occasional Mondays such as Memorial Day and Labor Day; and also on Thursday evenings when school is not in session; open mid-March thru mid-November. Broadcasts the movies' soundtrack locally in FM Stereo (105.3). BoxOfc opens 1hr before dark/ShowTime. Admission: $6 per carload (covers both movies, for all passengers). 3352 Highway 112 North. 479- 442-4542
- Nightbird Books, the only independent bookstore in town.
- Dickson Street Book Store, great place to find used or rare books.
- Applebee's, 4078 North College, +1 479 442-8841, . The place to be for good food and good times.
- AQ Chicken, US Hwy 71 Business, +1 479 443-7555, Fax: +1 479 443-1504, E-Mail: AQchicken@msn.com, , M-Tu 11AM-9PM, F-Sa 11AM-9:30PM. Su 11AM-8:30PM. Full service restaurant specializing in fried, grilled, bbq'd, and roasted chicken in addition to catfish and ribs.
- Arsaga's, Gregg and Township; Crossroads Village Center, Highways 265 & 45; 401 East Mountain at the Fayetteville Public Library; University of Arkansas Law Library . Local, independent friendly coffeeshops serving drinks, pastries, good soups and sandwiches. The Gregg & Township location includes comfortable couches, game boards, and quirky restrooms with blackboards and chalk. Free wifi. Live music and/or displays by local artists at some locations.
- Back Porch Barbeque, 2120 North College, +1 479 443-6585. Barbeque flavor like it was grilled in your own back yard.
- Bangkok Cuisine, 311 West Dickson, Downtown/Dickson Street, +1 479 527-9531. Authentic and unique Oriental dishes served in an a unique setting.
- Bordinos, 324 West Dickson Street (Behind Jose's), +1 479 527-6795, . Bordino's offers a distinctive menu of classic to eclectic Northern Italian cuisine, such as one of their favorites, the Salmon con Gongola. Dine in elegance and note the murals and decorations all created by local artists especially for Bordinos.
- Brewski's Restaurant & Draft Emporium, 408 West Dicson, Downtown/Dickson Street, +1 479 973-6969. A great stop when relaxing after a hard work day or just eating with the family. Serves a full menu and houses numerous domestic and foreign drafts and Ales.
- Cable Car Pizza, 318 North Campbell Suite 101, +1 479 444-7600. A favorite pizza place with the local scene.
- Cafe Santa Fe, 25 East Center Street, +1 479 442-5673. Festive Southwestern platters, refreshing margaritas, heavenly desserts plus much more. Casual dining.
- Cafe Santa Fe, 1860 North Crossover Road, Corner of Crossover Road & Mission Boulevard, +1 479 582-4200. Festive Southwestern platters, tasty margaritas, and heavenly desserts are sure to please.
- Catfish Hole #3, 4127 West Wedington, +1 479 521-7008. Fax: +1 479 521-4946, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tu-Th 4:30PM-9:30PM, F 4:30PM-10PM, Sa 11:30AM-10PM, Su 11:30AM-8:30PM. Family style dining serving steaks and fish.
- Chili Red's Coney Island, 2334 North College Avenue, +1 479 787-6363. Serving homemade chilie and great coney dogs.
- Chloe, 3878 North Crossover Avenue, Suite 1, +1 479 442-4144. Chloe serves high quality food in a convenient location with a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- CiCi's Pizza, 637 East Joyce, +1 479 582-9292. Bargain all-you-can-eat pizza buffet (chain).
- Doe's Eat Place, 316 W. Dickson, +1 479 443-3637, Fax: +1 479 443-3649, M-Th 5PM-9PM F-Sa 5PM-10AM. Fresh cut, aged steaks. Homemade hot tamales and seafood gumbo. A branch of the Little Rock institution.
- Ed's Barbeque, 2772 Mission, +1 479 587-8646. A local flavor that is sure to please even the most discriminating of barbeque enthusiasts.
- El Chico, 3854 Front Street, +1 479 521-5553. Mexican cuisine served old fashioned style (chain).
- Elenita's Cafe, 727 South School, South, +1 479 443-6612. A little place that's big on Mexican flavor.
- Great American Chocolate Cookie, NWA Mall, +1 479 521-2447. Break from the rush of the shops, and enjoy a fresh, homestyle cookie that will have you drueling for more.
- Harp's, 1189 North Garland, University/ West area, +1 479 444-8009. A popular local deli where friendly service and great food are a constant (grocery store chain).
- Hawg Wild Pizzeria, off Garland, sells gourmet pizzas with sunshine, wheat, and Guiness on tap (flowing freely).
- Hugo's, 25 1/2 North Block, Downtown/Dickson Street, +1 479 521-7585. A quirky subterranean place with a variety of cuisines and dishes that's sure to please all who come, including good crepes and interesting burgers.
- Hunan Manor, Wedington west of 540, +1 479 521-3883. Unique among Fayetteville's Chinese restaurants because of its new building. Serves Americanized but fairly tasty Chinese dishes, in a striking avant-garde building with a modernist interior.
- J.D. China Restaurant, 1466 North College, +1 479 442-5875. Buffet includes an unusual variety of mostly Americanized Chinese dishes, plus so-so sushi, and desserts including flan and cinnamon-apple-filled fried wontons. Among the better Chinese buffets in Fayetteville.
- Jim's Razorback Pizza, 1968 Crossover, +1 479 527-6701. Here, great pizza, beverages and service are a tradition.
- Jim's Razorback Pizza, 2620 W 6th, +1 479 443-2265. Here, great pizza, beverages and service are a tradition.
- Joe's Bistro, 3061 North College Avenue, Fiesta Square, +1 479 443-5637. Fine food at moderate prices. Enjoy steak, seafood, and clasic Italian dishes.
- Jose's Mexican Restaurant, 324 West Dickson Street, +1 479 521-0194, . "A Fayetteville Tradition." Established in 1980, this restaurant serves Tex-Mex food in a festive environment. On the Street Side, there is local live music every Tuesday.
- Kate's Daylight Donuts, 1220 North Garland, +1 479 521-9573. Serving specially made donuts and a variety of other pastries.
- Kirby's Grill & Bakery, 3722 North Front Street, +1 479 443-3900. Enjoy the huge variety of dishes available or savor the fresh baked goodness of the homemade bakery items.
- Kosmos Greek Cafe, 540 W Dickson Street. Great Greek contemporary Greek food and happy hour drink specials.
- Noni's Grill, Highway 16 East, +1 479 444-9797. Great, one of a kind grilled sandwiches and beverages.
- Northwest Port of Call, 3582 Highway 112 North, +1 479 443-7700. Great tasting steaks and seafood served to your specific tastes.
- Hawg Haus Brewing Company, 430 West Dickson Street, Across the street from the Walton Art Center, +1 479 521-BREW. Haus-made Ales, and an array of traditional and eclectic appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, steak, fish and more.
- Ozark Mountain Smokehouse, 215 West Dickson, Downtown/Dickson Street, +1 479 442-2152. Friendly cuisine with that great smoked flavor.
- Patio II, 324 W Dickson, +1 479 521-2194. Authentic Italian dishes served in a festive and friendly atmosphere.
- Penguin Ed's B and B Barbeque, 230 East Ave S, Best Barbecue in town. +1 479 521-3663.
- Pesto Cafe, 1830 N College Ave, Best Italian in NWA. "+1 479" 582-3330.
- Powerhouse Seafood, 112 North University, Downtown/Dickson Street, +1 479 442-8300. Enjoy great taste and flavor of the sea.
- Rick's Iron Skillet, 1131 South School, South, +1 479 442-2200. The famous spot for homecooking flavor and service in Fayetteville.
- Rick's Donuts & Bake Shop 2104 North College, +1 479 442-2166. Homemade, fresh and always delicious bakery items and sandwiches.
- Rocco's Spaghetti Kitchen, 16 East Mountain, +1 479 443-6411. Authentic Italian dishes served in a unique and inviting setting.
- Sbarro, 4201 North Shiloh Drive, NWA Mall/North area, +1 479 582-0488. Mall chain serving pizza and pasta.
- Sezchuan Express, 1525 South School, +1 479 443-0029. Authentic Oriental cuisine and dishes served in slightly spiritual atmosphere and setting.
- Shogun Japanese Steak & Seafood, 637 West Joyce #104, NWA Mall/North area, +1 479 582-5714. Grilled to order steaks and seafood.
- Thep Thai, S. School. Best Thai food in town. All the herbs fresh from the garden right out front.
- Tim's Pizza, 2730 North College, Collerge Avenue (71B), +1 479 521-4151. Great pizza and spirits, a local favorite.
- Tim's Pizza, 1313 Mission, East, +1 479 521-5056. Great pizza and spirits, a local favorite.
- Petra Cafe, 31 E Center St., ☎ 479-443-3090. Everyday but Sunday (11:00-2:30). The best Middle Eastern/Greek food in the area. Down-town, local feel. Authentic hummus, babaganush, falafil, foule, gyro pockets, and the Petra specialty: made-to-order Turkish coffee (among others). Small seating capacity, prepare for a tight-squeeze. edit
- Wilma's, 481 S School Ave, ☎ (479) 521-6968. Great Soul Food. edit
- Savor, 2217 N. College (1/10th of a mile South of Township), ☎ (479)587-8325, . opens at 4pm tue-sat 11-2 Sunday Brunch. A contemporary Fine Dining Restaurant new American. Fresh Fabulous Flavor $14-$36. edit
- George's Majestic Lounge, 519 W. Dickson St., +1 479 527-6618, Fax: +1 479 527-6611, Email: Saxsafe@aol.com, . Go to George's Majestic Lounge to see some of the area's best musical talent.
- Brewski's Restaurant & Draft Emporium, 408 West Dickson, Downtown/Dickson Street, ‘‘+1 479’’ 973-6969. Serves more varieties of beer on tap than any other bar in the city. Rogue Locker Stock's change regularly. Check out Pint Nights, when you can get a premium microbrew for a good discount.
- On The Mark, 2588 N Gregg Ave., ☎ (479) 575-0123. Large sports bar with dollar pool, table shuffleboard, darts and trivia. A good place to get away from the frat environment of Dickson street. edit
- Best Western Windsor Suites, 1122 South Futrall Drive, +1 479 587-1400, Fax: +1 479 587-8630, .
- Bobbisox, Highway 62 I 540, +1 479 521-1166.
- Candlewood Suites, 2270 W. MLK Jr. Blvd, 479-856-6262, . All suites with kitchens. Located just off of I-540, less than 5 minutes from the University of Arkansas.
- Centre Inn, 3901 North College Avenue, +1 479 443-3431, .
- Chief Motel, 1818 North College Avenue, +1 479 442-7326, Fax: +1 479 444-8885.
- Clarion Inn, 1255 South Shiloh Drive, +1 479 521-1204.
- Clarion Inn Fayetteville, 1255 South Shiloh Drive, +1 479 521-1166, 1-800-223-7275 (toll-free).
- Comfort Inn Fayetteville, 735 South Shiloh Drive, +1 479 695-2121, .
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Fayetteville, 70 North East Avenue, +1 479 442-5555
- Country Inn-Stes Fayetteville, 1234 Steamboat Drive, +1 479 571-5177, .
- Courtyard by Marriott Fayetteville, 600 E Van Asche Drive, +1 479 571-4900, .
- Days Inn, 2402 N College Ave, +1 479 443-43233, .
- Fairfield Inn Fayetteville AR, 720 Millsap Road, +1 479 587-8600, 1-800-228-2800, Fax: +1 479 587-8600, .
- Hampton Inn Fayetteville, 915 Krupa Drive, +1 479 587-8300, Fax: +1 479 587-8301, .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotels, 1251 North Shiloh Drive, +1 479 444-6006, Fax: +1 501-442-9857 (fax), 1-866-270-5110 (toll-free), .
- Inn At Carnall Hall, 465 North Arkansas Avenue, +1 479 582-0400, .
- Inn At The Mill, 3910 Greathouse Springs R, +1 479 443-1800, .
- Meadow Street Bar And Grille, 70 North East Avenue, +1 479 442-5555.
- Motel 6, 2980 North College Avenue, +1 479 443-4351, Fax: +1 479 444-8034, .
- Red Roof Inns, +1 479 442-3041.
- Regency 7 Motel, 675 South Shiloh Drive, +1 479 575-0777.
- Sleep Inn, 728 E Millsap Rd, +1 479 587-8700, Fax: +1 501-587-8700.
- Sleep Inn Fayetteville, 728 Millsap Road, +1 479 587-8700, .
- Stay-Inn-Style Bed & Breakfast, 117 West Rock Street, +1 479 582-3590, .
- Super 8 Fayetteville AR, 1075 South Shiloh Drive, +1 479 521-8866, .
- Supertel Hospitality, 1075 South Shiloh Drive, +1 479 521-8866.
- The Fayetteville Hilton, 70 N East Ave, +1 479 442-5555.
- Traveloge Inn & Suites, 523 South Shiloh Drive, +1 479 444-9800, Fax: +1 479-521-9006, .
- Twin Arch Motel, 521 North College Avenue, +1 479 521-9452.
- Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium, .
- Game Day Info, Including tailgating and stadium rules, traffic info, and parking info.
- RV information, (http://www.winncreekrvpark.com) Winn Creek RV Park and Campground, just 13.5 miles south of Fayetteville near I-49,WinnCreekRVPark 16:41, 5 September 2008 (EDT) offers the same low rates on game days as any other day throughout the year. It has full hook-ups, WiFi and paved level sites.
|Routes through Fayetteville
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!