Farallones is in Antioquia.
Farallones surrounded by mountains and coffee farms
Farallones is a small town of a few hundred people located 30mins from Cuidad Bolivar by Jeep. The town is surrounded by spectacular coffee covered mountains and is the perfect place to escape the city to relax for a few days.
Jeeps leave from La Zona Rosa in Ciudad Bolívar (Colombia) for the scenic 30 minute ride to Farallones several times in the morning and return in the afternoon. Last Jeep back to Ciudad Bolívar (Colombia) is at 6pm.
Buses run regularly to Ciudad Bolívar (Colombia) from Medellin (3 hours) and from La Pintada in the south (2 hours). From La Pintada very regular buses run to Manizales, Pereira and further south.
The town itself is very small and all places of interest are within walking distance.
- Farallones is set among spectacular mountains, waterfalls and coffee fincas. There are thus plenty of options available for treks and walks into the mountains. Or alternatively pick a dirt road and wander through the countryside.
Farallones River and Water Park
- Visit a coffee finca to see how the world's most popular drink is grown, harvested and processed.
- Bring your togs and go for a swim in Farallones free water park. Set around the town's main river this is a perfect place for a BBQ and a relaxing afternoon.
- Several small shops, a bakery and a simple restaurant are scattered around the central plaza.
- Sample the town's main product the way the locals do with a 'tinto' (black coffee) or a 'perico' (coffee with milk).
There are no hotels in Farallones but don't let that put you off.
- Farallones has a lovely park centered around its river that has free camping available.
- The town has a tourism promotion committee that would be happy to arrange a home stay for you, which can include meals. Ask around for Ivan or Fredy.