Fairfield is the county seat of Jefferson County in Southeast Iowa. It is a small town of about 10,000 people in the Heartland of America. The town of Mount Pleasant is 22 miles to the east and Ottumwa is 25 miles to the west.
- Watch Channel 9 - Fairfield Public Access Community Television 
- Listen to KRUU-LP , The Voice of Fairfield to get some sense of what's going on around town, and the kind of things people listen to and talk about.
- The Domes at Maharishi University of Management (MUM) in Northern Fairfield.
- The Art Walk  takes place on the square every first friday of the month.
- Home of the Maharishi University of Management and the Maharishi School for the Age of Enlightenment.
- Fairfield has more restaurants per capita than San Francisco, so be ready to see more Thai and Indian restaurants than your Iowan local diners.
- The Hy-Vee Deli is incredible. Try their Jello-Macaroni Salad.
- A lot of bars. The only ones not filled with 40 year-old truckers are likely the Arbor Bar and the Burning Oak.
- Thousands of coffee shops, be sure to check out Cafe Paradiso on the square for the best coffee in town. Plus they have live music!
- Revelations cafe is another good place to stop by, with tasty Mocha Java Milkshakes and the best brick oven pizza around. Not to mention the thousands of books available for your perusal.