Eureka Springs  is a quaint resort town in the Ozarks of Arkansas, with eclectic dining and shopping - art galleries, local crafts, etc. Beaver Lake, which is huge, is just outside of town. It is a Victorian village and has a European look and feel with Victorian cottages and homes on steep winding streets.
Spring Street and the Flatiron Building at night
The entire city is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and with good reason. Not many towns sprang up overnight like Eureka Springs. On July 4, 1879, the town was founded and named. By the end of the year, approximately 10,000 were living there. The attraction was the area's numerous cold water springs, thought to have healing properties. Naturally, this claim was fairly short lived, and when the boom busted, a town full of Victorian homes balanced precariously on limestone bluffs was left in the Ozark wilderness without much of an economic base. As a result, few new buildings followed, and those that were there were rarely razed or renovated. Dozens, if not hundreds, of Victorian homes have remained-- ranging from tiny cottages to elaborate mansions.
Today, the city is passionate about preserving this treasure. In the Spring of 2001, Eureka Springs was named one of 12 Distinctive Destinations by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
You've never seen anything quite like it.
- Driving - Eureka Springs in remotely located in the Ozarks and the best way to get there is drive. You can travel south from Springfield, Mo or Branson, Mo. on US 65 to US 62 and then west. It is about 1-1/2 hours from Springfield and about 45 minutes from Branson. Eureka Springs is at the crossroads of US 62 (east/west) and US 23 (north/south), both are two lane highways and have curves and hills.
- Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) 50 miles southwest (mountain miles - takes longer to drive in the Ozark hills)
- Tulsa International Airport (TUL) 160 miles west
- Springfield/Branson Regional Airport (SGF) 100 miles north
Because parking is limited, many tourists find it convenient to walk or take the trolley. 
Access to the downtown historic district is somewhat limited to individuals with disabilities. Sidewalks are rough native stone and often steep.
Streets in the historic area are very narrow and the operators of large vehicles like RV's and one ton pickups will find manuvering through town to be a real challenge.
A small Protestant church in Eureka Springs
- The Great Passion Play, Outdoor play of Christ's Passion in 4100 seat amphitheater. Performances from the last Friday in April to the last Saturday in October. Tickets $23.50 Adults, $10 Children 6-11, Under 6 Free.
- Christ of the Ozarks, Seven story statue of Christ with outstretched arms. On the grounds of The Great Passion Play, it can be seen from Historic District of Eureka Springs. Open 24 hours a day and free of charge to visit.
- Historic District, This is also referred to as the loop. It includes the downtown area on Spring Street. The architecture is Victorian, and you get the impression you are in an artisan village. There are galleries, restaurants, gardens, healers, craft shops, street musicians, spas and nightclubs.
- Eureka Springs and North Arkansas Railway, Heritage railway offering scenic train excursions. Be aware that the "excursion" trip is very short - no more than a couple of miles to a wye juncttion turn around and then back to the depot.
- Thorncrown Chapel, designed by notable architect E. Fay Jones, an apprentice of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Pivot Rock, an unusual rock formation.
- Car Shows, Festivals and Parades, Eureka Springs is a popular weekend gathering spot for car and motorcycle enthusiasts, artists and musicians. Check the Eureka Springs Advertising & Promotions Commission's web page for a schedeule of events.
- The Rosalie Tour & Wedding Home, 282 Spring Street, ☎ 479-253-7377, . By Appointment. Built in 1889 by JW Hill, The Rosalie is "the prettiest and fanciest home on The Boulevard"! It is a magnificent example of Steamboat Gothic design and Eastlake architecture. Tours and weddings by previous appointment only. edit
- Onyx Cave, 6 miles east of Eureka Springs, oldest tour cave in Arkansas. Tours given with short range FM receiver.
- Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, 7 miles south of Eureka Springs on Highway 23. Phone: (479) 253-5841.  450 acre USDA licensed refuge for big cats. Open 9AM till dusk every day except Christmas. On-site bed & breakfast.
- Promised Land Zoo, 10 miles North of Eureka Springs on Highway 23. Phone: (417) 271-3324.  120 acre USDA licensed 4 mile drive thru, walk thru, petting zoo and more. Over 500 animals from all over the world. Fun for all ages and open everyday all year round.
- Opera in the Ozarks (Inspiration Point Fine Arts Center), 16311 Hwy. 62 West (seven miles west of Eureka Springs), . Every summer, Inspiration Point Fine Arts Center hosts budding opera singers in three operas performed in repetoire. One of the most picturesque spots in the south central USA, Inspiration Point is a look-out site perched atop Rock Candy Mountain, between the beautiful White River Valley and Beaver Lake. edit
- DeVito's, 5 Center Street, +1 479 253-2525. Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org  Serves Italian food.
- New Delhi Cafe, 2 North Main., Features American and Indian food. Live music Friday and Saturday nights. thenewdelhicafe.com 479-253-2525
- Mud Street Cafe 22 G South Main Street, +1 479 253-6732. Great underground ambiance.
- Ermilio's Italian Home Cooking, 26 White Street, +1 479 253-8806.  Wonderful Italian food located inside an old home on Eureka's Historic Loop. Excellent menu, wine list and wait staff.
- The Grand Taverne Restaurant & Lounge, 37 North Main Street, ☎ 479-253-6756. Email: mailto:email@example.com Casual, fine dining located on the lobby level of The Grand Central Hotel. American cuisine with French influence. edit
There are many places to stay here that will fit every budget and need, but it is advised to make reservations several weeks in advance because Eureka Spring is a very popular tourist location.
- Dragonfly Mountain Lodge, 3 CR 332, ☎ 479.244.5678, . The whole house for the price of a suite. 1400 sq ft of quiet luxury just 5 minutes to downtown Eureka Springs, AR. Sleeps up to 4, media center, wifi, billiard table, Koi ponds, private. Gas grill on deck, 2 large screen TV's mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org 150.00. edit
- Alpen Dorf Motel 6554 Highway 62, +1 479 253-9475, Fax: +1 479 253-5192, Toll-Free: +1 800 771-9876. Email: mailto:email@example.com Rates: $28 - $125
- Alpine Lodge 2038 East Van Buren, +1 479 253-7175, Fax: +1 479 253-5462. Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Rates: $42 - $120
- East Mountain Lodge 3031 E. Van Buren, +1 479 253-9521, Fax: +1 479 253-9182, Toll-Free: +1 800 533-9521. Email: mailto:email@example.com Rates: $39 - $48
- Fisherman's Haven & Family Resort, Rt. 1, Box 1050, Golden, MO 65658, +1 417 271-3599.  Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Rates: $53 - $80 RV Rates: $15 Rooms have fully equipped kitchenettes with 2 full size beds, swimming pool, playground, boat & swimming dock, also have fully equipped RV spots available.
- Fly Rod Inn Motel 14582 Highway 62 West, +1 479 253-1056, , Toll-Free: +1 866 368-7521. Email: mailto:email@example.com Rates: $39 - $69
- Retreat at Sky Ridge Cabin Resort, 637 County Road 111, 800-242-3128, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (http://retreatatskyridge.com , 140 acre pet friendly cabin resort with uniquely themed cabins, 2 stocked fishing ponds, Turtle Moon Community Labyrinth and the Sky Ridge Pavilion Event Center overlooking Beaver Lake. Fully-furnished deluxe cabins with Jacuzzi, king bed, covered porch, & wood burning fireplace. Wedding gazebo & covered picnic area for 40+ with huge party grill. $99 -$175
- Sherwood Court 27 Glenn Avenue, +1 479 253-8920, Fax: +1 479 253-8920, Toll-Free: +1 800 268-6052. Email: mailto:email@example.com Rates: $39 - $149
- Swiss Village Inn 183 E. Van Buren, +1 479 253-9541, Fax: +1 479 253 4011, Toll-Free: +1 800 447-6525. Rates: $39 - $109
- Trails Inn 2060 E. Van Buren, +1 479 253-9390, Fax: +1 479 253-9185, Toll-Free: +1 800 962-4691. Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Rates: $39 - $104
- Wagner Inn 3064 E. Van Buren, Hwy 62 E, +1 479 253-9440, Toll-Free: +1 800 235-7639. Rates: $35 - $78
- Bavarian Inn and Restaurant Highway 62 West, +1 479 253-8128, Fax: +1 479 253-2854. Email: mailto:email@example.com Rates: $68 - $128
- Brackenridge Lodge 352 W. Van Buren, +1 479 253-6803, Fax: +1 479 253-6986, Toll-Free: +1 800 324-2710. Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Rates: $49 - $149
- Candlestick Cottage Inn B&B, 6 Douglas St., +1 479 253-6813. E-mail: mailto:email@example.com.  Candlestick Cottage Inn B&B is on a quiet wooded hollow, yet only a one-block walk to shops, galleries and restaurants. Private jacuzzi suites with individual decks and porches. Full breakfast served each morning on treetop porch or continental delivered to your suite. Small weddings performed. Rates $89 - $159 per night.
- Cherokee Mountain Gallery & Log Cabin Resort, 5307 Hwy 62, ☎ 800-732-5353, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11AM. Log cabins are situated on a privately owned 45 acre mountain top. $125-$180. edit
- Country Music Inn 139 Huntsville Road, +1 479 253-7625. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Rates: $55 - $105
- Land-O-Nod Inn 109 Huntsville Road, +1 479 253-6262, Fax: +1 479 253-9763, Toll-Free: +1 800 526-3263. Email email@example.com Rates: $59 - $125
- Pointe West Resort 11882 Hwy 187, +1 479 253-9050, Toll-Free: +1 800 352-6616. Rates: $55 - $95
- 1882 Harvest House Bed and Breakfast, 104 Wall Street, ☎ 479-253-0007 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . 1882 Harvest House is a restored Victorian home; its land grant is signed by Abraham Lincoln. This home has reportedly been used for inn keeping since Eureka Springs' earliest days. Includes full breakfast. Heavy woods are located behind the house; throughout the day deer and other fauna graze on the serene, spacious grounds. Private parking on premises adjoin the gardens under a very large oak tree, its age estimated between 125 to 200 years old. $95 to $150. edit
- 1884 Bridgeford House Bed and Breakfast (Bridgeford House B & B), 263 Spring Street (Highway 62 or 23 to Main then Spring), ☎ 888-567-2422, . checkin: 3PM +; checkout: 11AM. B&B on the trolley car and the horse drawn carriage routes, listed on the National Register of Historic places. The “Secret Garden” has been honored with Eureka Springs Garden Club’s Award for “Garden of the Season.” $95 - $179. (36.408881,-93.735489) edit
- 1905 Basin Park Hotel, 12 Spring Street, +1 479 253 7837, Fax: +1 479 253 6985, Toll-Free: +1 800 643 4972, Email: mailto:email@example.com, Rates: $89 - $199 One of the world's most unusual hotels; it is built against a hillside and each floor is a "ground" floor with a fire door leading onto the hillside.
- 5 Ojo Inn Bed and Breakfast 5 Ojo Street, +1 479 253-6734, Toll-Free: +1 800 656-6734.  Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Two old historic homes and two cottages on historic loop only a short walk to downtown. Three-course plated gourmet breakfast. 9 rooms all with jacuzzis. Weddings performed onsite. Packages also available. Rates: $119 to $189.
- A Lazee Daze in the Ozarks (Cabins in Eureka Springs, Arkansas), 5432 Highway 23 S (6 miles south of Eureka Springs on Highway 23, just before Turpentine Creek), ☎ +1 479-253-7026 (email@example.com), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Minutes from Downtown Eureka Springs. Pet Friendly, Outdoor Hot Tubs or Jacuzzi Suites Suites: $140 - $190. (36.316335,-93.7714) edit
- Angel at Rose Hall Bed and Breakfast, 46 Hillside Ave. (At Train Depot turn left and make an immediate left onto Hillside Ave. Follow Hillside Ave about 250 yards), ☎ +1 479-253-5405, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Walking distance from shops, restaurants, and galleries. Private, off-street parking is provided. Suites: $135 - $219. (36.4113079,-93.7345852) edit
- Arsenic & Old Lace Bed and Breakfast Inn (Eureka Springs Arkansas B & B), 60 Hillside Ave (At Train Depot turn left and make an immediate left onto Hillside Ave. Proceed up Hillside Ave about 250 yards), ☎ 888-350-5454, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11AM. We are 2 blocks from the Eureka Springs Historic Loop, shops, restaurants, and galleries. Private, off-street parking is provided.” Rooms:$145 - $199, Suites: $199 - $259, Cottages: $99 - $295. (36.4113079,-93.7345852) edit
- Autumn Moon Cottage, Lake Lucerne Resort, +1 479 253-6813. E-mail: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.  Autumn Moon Cottage is a spacious two-story cottage located only two-miles from Historic Downtown Eureka Springs on the shore of a private lake resort. Fully equipped kitchen, fireplace and gas BBQ. Separate Jacuzzi room overlooking the lake. Rates: $129 - $149
- Chantilly Lace Inn, 257 Spring Street Toll Free: +1 479 244-7824. Email: email@example.com . This hip Victorian charmer is located in the historic district of Eureka Springs. Victorian Inn. Large spacious suites. One bedroom romantic suites for couples, two bedroom suite for larger parties, girl's getaway, families, bridal parties, etc. Most suites have Jacuzzi tubs, kitchenettes, screened in back porches. Only an 8 minute walk into the heart of town. $119 - $299
- Cliff Cottage Inn, 42 Armstrong St., +1 479 253-7409. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.  Cliff Cottage Inn is a bed and breakfast that specializes in romantic getaways and elopements. Six suites are located in restored Victorian houses directly off Armstrong Street. The cottage and the studio are set farther back for a more secluded atmosphere. All rooms have either a jacuzzi or a hot tub. Complimentary breakfasts delivered to all rooms (except the cottage) every morning. The inn is a short walk from downtown. Rates are roughly $200 per night, but vary by room.
- Evening Shade Inn Bed and Breakfast 3079 East Van Buren, +1 479 253-6264, Toll-Free: +1 888 992-1224.  Email: email@example.com. Private luxury bed and breakfast suites and private cottages located on 10 wooded acres in city limits. Full breakfast delivered to your suite/cottage each morning. Desserts in your room each evening. Elopement weddings performed. Great for honeymoons, anniversaries, romantic getaways. Specials and Packages also available. Rates: $139 and up.
- Eureka Matterhorn Towers 130 W. Van Buren, +1 479 253-9602, Fax: +1 479 253-2850, Toll-Free: +1 800 426-0838. Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Rates: $59.50 - $119.50
- Grand Central Hotel & Spa, 37 North Main, +1 479 253 6756, Toll-Free: +1 800 344 6050, Email: mail to: email@example.com All luxury suites with two person jacuzzis, refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers. On site parking, full service spa and salon. The Grand Taverne Restaurant on lobby level. Located in historic downtown. Rates: $125 and up.
- Island Motel and Resort Rentals 5 Woodsdale Drive, Holiday Island, +1 479 253-9571, Toll-Free: +1 800 874-1331. Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Rates: $35 - $210
These are properties are located on Beaver Lake near Eureka Springs.
- Beaver Lakefront Cabins, 1234 County Road 120 +1 479 253-9210, Toll Free: +1 888 253-9210, Fax: +1 479 253-8374. Email: mailto:email@example.com  On Beaver Lake about 8 miles from Eureka Springs. A private adult luxury cabin resort on Beaver Lake with jacuzzis, fireplaces, full kitchens, indoor fishing dock and Marina. $165 - $295
- Sugar Ridge Resort, 1216 Dam Site Road, +1 479 253-5548, Toll Free: +1 800 867-8439, Fax: +1 479 253-5548. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . A couples/adults only resort on Beaver Lake about 12 miles from Eureka Springs. Private area with jacuzzis, fireplaces and full kitchens. Near the Beaver Dam Site Park. $135 - $225
WikiPedia:Eureka Springs, Arkansas
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!