Escondido is a city in North San Diego County in Southern California.
Escondido is located 30 miles north of San Diego on I-15, and 20 miles east/inland of Oceanside on State Highway 78. The nearest major airport is the San Diego International Airport in San Diego. The nearest minor airport is Palomar Airport in Carlsbad.
The North County Transit District (NCTD)  operates bus routes throughout northern San Diego County, as well as the SPRINTER , a new light rail line running along Highway 78 between Escondido and Oceanside.
- San Pasqual Battlefield State Historic Park, 15808 San Pasqual Valley Road, ☎ (760) 737-2201, . Site of a battle fought during the Mexican-American War on December 6, 1846. Battle reenactment every year on December 6. edit
- California Center for the Arts excellent local playhouse.
- Cruisin Grand on Fridays from April 30 to September 18, Grand Avenue downtown becomes a classic automobile showcase with a different theme every night.
- Lake Hodges, Lake Dixon and Lake Wolford offer fishing, boating and other recreational activities.
- North Shore Lake Hodges Trail. A 0.6-mile trail which runs along Interstate 15, beginning at Sunset Drive (Escondido), and is an excellent and moderate hiking, biking, and equestrian trail. For mountain bikers, there is a trail that continues west.
- San Diego Archaeological Center, 16666 San Pasqual Valley Rd, ☎ +1 760 291-0370 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1 760 291-0371), . M-F 9AM-4PM, Sa 10AM-2PM. Dedicated to "the care, management, and curation of archaeological artifacts discovered in the San Diego region" the site features over 500 collections as well as a public lecture series for visitors. $2 individual, $5 family. edit
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly the San Diego Wild Animal Park), sibling to San Diego Zoo, is located a few miles east of town, in the San Pasqual Valley of Northeastern San Diego.
- Amvets thrift store, 2085 E Valley Pkwy, +1 760 747-2793.
- North County Fair, .
- Reidy Creek Golf Course, 2300 North Broadway, ☎ 760-740-2450, . Surrounded by rugged hills and grassy parkland in a rural setting. edit
- Agrusa's Sandwich Shop, 1606 E Valley Pkwy, +1 760 746-0666.
- Fat Ivor's Rib Rack, 27961 Valley Center Rd, Valley Center, +1 760 749-0600. Burned down in 2003, but is now reopened; pit barbecue smoked pork and beef ribs to drool for.
- Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant, 19320 Lake Dr, +1 760 746-1444.
- La Farfalla Cafe, 155 South Orange Street (Corner of 2nd Ave), ☎ (760) 741-0835, . M-F 11AM-2:30PM. Mediterranean themed, many gluten free options, all food made in house fresh from the best available ingredients. Family run and full of good energy. $$. edit
- Holiday Wine Cellar, 302 W Mission Ave, +1 760 745-1200. Has an extensive wine cellar and selection of beers and microbrews.
- Stone Brewing Company, 1999 Citricado Parkway, +1 760 471-4999, . Best known for "Arrogant Bastard" IPA. For visitors, the brewery has a company store and an extensive restaurant and beer garden.
- Best Western Escondido Hotel, 1700 Seven Oakes Road, ☎ +1 760 740-1700 (toll free: +1 800 752-1710, fax: +1 760 740-9832), . edit
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1250 West Valley Parkway, ☎ +1 760 741-7117, . edit
- Motel 6, 900 North Quince Street, ☎ +1 760 745-9252 (fax: +1 760 745-4203), . edit