Erie County is in Northwest Ohio. The county seat is Sandusky. Even though Erie County is one of Ohio's smaller counties, over seven million visitors come to Erie County each year to visit. Over 50% of the land is still dedicated to agricultural use. The Lake Erie shoreline is more pristine and accessible along Erie County than most other areas, that is why it is so popular with boaters and fishermen.
Erie County and Huron County were at one time one county, they were divided in the 1800's. Erie County includes one island, Kelleys Island, and has a long shoreline on Lake Erie running from Bay View east to Vermillion. In the early days the shoreline was quite rough and swampy. Today, it is the site of Cedar Point in Sandusky and the location of some of the most expensive residential property in Ohio.
- Cold Creek, starts as an underground river, lacking normal oxygen levels, that rises first at Castalia, Ohio south of the business district and forms a pond, where the water, which remains at a constant 48 degrees year around flows north to Sandusky, where it enters Sandusky Bay and then Lake Erie. The places where the water rises to the surface are similar to the cenotes in the Yucatán and the two areas share a similar Karst geological sub-surface of limestone. From Castalia, north, there are several of these "cenotes" or springs that vary in size. Some have been explored by divers and they have not been able to determine the depth or scope of the rivers. Today, most are on private property and access is a bit difficult. The small ones at Castalia are not difficult to visit, as they are in a public park. Another example of this can be found a short distance away at Seneca Caverns.
- SR 6 E/W 2 lane follows lake shore. Scenic.
- SR 2 E/W 4 lane.
- I 80/90 Turnpike E/W Indiana to Pennsylvania
- SR 4 2 lane N/S
- SR 13/250 2 lane N/S
- Cruises - Ferries & Catamarans
- The Goodtime I, +1 419-625-9692, . The Goodtime I Departs from Sandusky, Ohio daily on an island hopping cruise.
- The Jet Express, 101 West Shoreline Drive, 1-800-245-1538 (email: email@example.com), . Trips to Kelly's Island and Put-in-Bay.
- The Pelee Islander, 1-800-661-2220. Daily trips to Pelee Island and mainland Ontario, Canada. Service from Sandusky is limited to once daily during the summer months, and is further restricted during the spring and fall. Advance vehicle reservations.
- The MV Jiimaan, Jackson St., . The largest passenger ferry along the Lake Erie route to Pelee Island. Leaves from the foot of Jackson St., Sandusky. To Lemington, Canada, Kingsville Govt. Dock, Ontario, Canada and Pelee Island, Ontario, Canada.
Thomas A. Edison birthplace.
- Castalia Fish Hatchery 7018 Homegardner Rd., (Off Heywood Rd., just off SR 269, Castalia. 1+ 419-684-7499 90 acre facility owned by state. Raise over 470,000 steelhead and rainbow trout for stocking Lake Erie tributaries. M-F 9-3 Free.
- Castalia Quarry Reserve, SR 101 (south of SR 269), Castalia. 1+ 419-625-7783 Abanoned limestone quarry, surrounded by forest and fields. Hiking, mountain biking, scenic.
- Thomas A. Edison Birhplace, Edison was born in Milan, Ohio. He left at age seven. His home is preserved in Milan.
- Seneca Caverns, 15248 East Thompson, TR178, Bellvue. +1 419-483-6711, . 54 degrees year around.
- Sawmill Creek Resort and Conference Center 400 Sawmill Creek Dr. (off of Route 6) +1 419-433-3800  240 guest rooms/suites, enjoy the 235-acre site, an 18-hole championship golf course, charter fishing from marina on Lake Erie, restaurants, shops, indoor/outdoor pools, exercise room and tennis courts.
- C-Cat, +1 419-622-9342
- Speerfish Charters, +1 419-627-8340
- Bowling Green State University Firelands One University Dr. Huron. +1 419 433-5560 
WikiPedia:Erie County, Ohio